User Tag List

Sup Spam Solution

Hello all, an idea just came to me re: supplier spam issues and the integrity of siege. I offer a potential solution that could best resolve the issues both ways. Currently, only one player at a time is able to receive weapons and armor from the supplier. What if this limitation was removed and multiple players could enter and receive the same levels of weapon and armory? The problem with extra players sitting in supplier waiting for ammo is that they really are not a threat and are somewhat helpless to supplier killers coming in. However, on a map like Simplex a player can position themselves viewing the entrances and see potential bio supplier attack coming while quickly leaving the supplier to kill the player and/or avoid the death.

Guarantee of weaponry when entering the supplier validates the offensive player's perception that anyone in the supplier is a potential threat, thereby making supplier killing justified and legal. Supplier spam, by definition, is excessive killing of players in the supplier which would be more than one round of firing on a given run to the core. If players choose to repair each other in or near the supplier they put themselves at inherent risk of being supplier killed by enemy. Supplier kills are no longer -50 and regain normal +50 status. Excessive firing at and/or killing players in the supplier is grounds for a warning/ban.

This will also improve balance in games such that one or two nubs camping in supplier will not cause excessive friendly supplier boosting and allows an otherwise fairly balanced game to play out rather than it being a rout for the other team. Game play will also accelerate naturally as a result of this modification since players have more freedom to move and attack in force.

Agree/disagree/modify?

Why don't we just extend spawn protection?

Quote Originally Posted by K_Soze View Post
    Hello all, an idea just came to me re: supplier spam issues and the integrity of siege. I offer a potential solution that could best resolve the issues both ways. Currently, only one player at a time is able to receive weapons and armor from the supplier. What if this limitation was removed and multiple players could enter and receive the same levels of weapon and armory?Agree/disagree/modify?
    so whats the point of super suplier then?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    so whats the point of super suplier then?
    Kenneth, that is not a good argument, the super supplier is much much faster dealing out ammo and armor. The regular supplier is slow and useless... I agree it should give out ammo and armor to anyone standing in it. The Speed is the difference...

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    Kenneth, that is not a good argument, the super supplier is much much faster dealing out ammo and armor. The regular supplier is slow and useless... I agree it should give out ammo and armor to anyone standing in it. The Speed is the difference...
    Best solution = autokick / autoban in source code.

i would say kick everyone who sup spams they will learn how to behave even if it takes some time.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    i would say kick everyone who sup spams they will learn how to behave even if it takes some time.
    Better teach Blaze some manners, kenny. :mad-new:

This is being discussed.

Your suggestions are poor, but thanks for trying to help with this... Keep posting them ! ADMINS AND MODS DO HEAR.

:P

Post on this thread http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/que...supplier-3630/
    Last edited by |uK|Chronox; 04-11-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

Will do.

Thread Information