User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    no bathroomsultimate is great!

Neutron bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's an anti-personnel weapon, not an anti-nukes weapon. Put it back so that it kills only people at a cheaper cost! And the EMP too. If you guys still hate it, then make it map-specific to maps like Niven or Coret.

EMP's should be brought back but with low range & high cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Neutron bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's an anti-personnel weapon, not an anti-nukes weapon.
    From your Wikipedia reference:

Effects of a neutron bomb detonation

Upon detonation, a 1 kiloton neutron bomb would produce a large blast wave, and a powerful pulse of both thermal radiation and ionizing radiation, mostly in the form of fast (14.1 MeV) neutrons. The thermal pulse would cause third degree burns to unprotected skin out to approximately 500 meters. The blast would create at least 4.6 PSI out to a radius of 600 meters, which would severely damage non-reinforced structures.

Siege warheads are non-reinforced structures. Effects of a neutron in the game are somewhat consistent with this description.

Maybe create a new name for the weapon you are describing. Make it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Banny View Post
    EMP's should be brought back but with low range & high cost.
    I suggested a grenade type device that is thrown and has a smaller radius and stuns anyone standing near the explosion (similar to gassing a player). It charges when you select it (build it) but remains in your hand, glowing while it charges, then you throw it and it detonates. This method would still allow for the opposing team to attempt to destroy it (or you since your holding it).

Also, I think since the nuke Siren has been discontinued, the Nuke on the Back could be reconsidered for reinstatement. Having NO advance warning is somewhat controversial. Perhaps the size of the nuke on your back could be reduced some to make it less obvious and not quite so bulky, but I think we should talk about it again.
    Last edited by .seVered.][; 04-25-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.
    [;56373]I suggested a grenade type device that is thrown and has a smaller radius and stuns anyone standing near the explosion (similar to gassing a player). It charges when you select it (build it) but remains in your hand, glowing while it charges, then you throw it and it detonates. This method would still allow for the opposing team to attempt to destroy it (or you since your holding it).
    sounds interesting but would be hard to implement

I have a suggestion that I've been meaning to post that's an improvement over the nuke on the back, a building called the "Communication Relay" that allows players to use their constructor/keyboard binds to quickly communicate important, detailed info about an enemy or situation in their immediate area. It may take too much work to code and may push gameplay back in the "lazy" direction, to some extent, but I think it's an improvement over nothing at all.

If nothing else, it will bring much-needed universal language to Siege.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by K_Soze View Post
    Maybe create a new name for the weapon you are describing. Make it good.
    From a gameplay and weapon purpose standpoint, the neutron bomb is intended more as a very powerful anti-personnel device moreso than it is to level buildings AND personnel. It is especially suited to taking out armored organic targets. A "perfectly efficient" neutron bomb would ideally release only very powerful ionizing radiation without much in the way of blast damage; even if it did release blast damage, the outcome should not be any different than a nuke, where blast splash damage will not pass through walls but anti-personnel neutrons will.

In this way, the purpose of the bomb is realized while also preventing ridiculous game extension through continual nuke kills. Games will be faster, more intense, and more strategic, with less reliance on stockpiling nukes and more on timing and placement of explosives prior to mounting an offensive.
    Last edited by Scourge; 04-25-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    ...called the "Communication Relay" that allows players to use their constructor/keyboard binds to quickly communicate important, detailed info about an enemy or situation in their immediate area
    We've discussed something similar to that. For example. I have a Bind to say, "Cover Me, I'm Nuking!" but if I'm pointing (aiming) at Scourge then the bind would say "Cover Me, I'm Nuking! Scourge". Orignally, UT would add the location when you say something to your team, but due to poor mapping habits, locations are not embedded in the maps very accurately or even at all for most maps. Definitely something to discuss if not pursue.

Thread Information