User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Super Mine glitch Higor?

@Higor

can you explain how on Simplex you managed to get in the base and fire off a nuke when the tele had a super mine? are you exploiting some kind of glitch?

either way, you need to fix that otherwise whats the point of an SM when you can still walk through and fire the nuke, unless you like exploiting glitches in siege which no one else will know about.

Did he actually went through it (touched it by any chance?) or he got away and didn't even touched it?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Ok serious now.

It's not a glitch, but it's how the sgBuildings were designed.
    All sgBuildings, including mines don't check stuff on Tick() but rather on Timer()
    The timer is preset like this: SetTimer(0.1,true);

The level's current time dilation is 1.35 on any uK Siege server (1.10 hardcore mode * 1.25 game speed).
    So the actual timer runs at least every 0.074 - 74ms
    Pub server runs at a tickrate of 65, meaning each tick takes at least 15ms.

The closest upper multiple of 15ms to that timer is 75ms (actually 76.9, on 5 ticks) so the sgBuildings run pretty accurately at this tickrate.
    So this gives me between 0 and 4 frames to shoot the nuke before dying.

(It ain't easy, I failed like 4 times there)
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    i smell bullshit.

@Higor: In that case you would need to hit fire almost at the same time as you teleported like a twitch, since that time is really short and there's also ping and the actor list order to consider. You would really need to be uber fast and be really really really lucky with it.

And another thing: if that's the case, shouldn't the nuke get destroyed by the super mine explosion (since the radius would still be great enough as the deemer is so slow, and the spawn would have to occur before the mine went off)? Or does the mine only kills players these days?
    Just curious btw...

The explosion is and 'was' coded to attack pawns.
    And there is a small workaround that gives me an extra set of 5 ticks to shoot (lol shield belt), making it even easier.

I was practising this on pug server, a player named Tincho came and managed to shoot the nuke as well.

Yeah, I checked it yesterday and it does indeed damage pawns alone. I thought it damaged nukes too, hence my confusion.
    Anyway, that's quite an exploit nonetheless and should be closed in the next version imo, since mines are meant to explode right when you step on them with no delays.

mad? no... seeing the mod editor exploit a bug that no one else knows or is able to do is the only thing i wanted the answer to, no personal feelings on it at all.

but i guess i was right, you are exploiting your own coding.

you were also successful in firing the nuke in the tele quite a few times, not once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    @Higor: In that case you would need to hit fire almost at the same time as you teleported like a twitch, since that time is really short and there's also ping and the actor list order to consider. You would really need to be uber fast and be really really really lucky with it.

This is the exact reason why i made this thread, there is no way without there being a glitch with SM to do what you did over and over. you cant say it isnt by explaining tick() and Timer() code, that is irrelevant, what IS relevant is the SM can be exploited which you showed, this needs to be rectified, i applaud you and severed for the hours of testing and finding these glitches, but using your findings of glitches in a public server is out of order.

people would freak if i exploited bugs in the RX, just because i made them doesnt give me the right to abuse them when others are playing, you dont have that right either.

damn son 2nd SK akka koala.

Well it's possible that most of the time developers have been making mods and then come out to find a bug to fix... They'll try to go against it and see if it work or not. & then so some suggestion for it to be modified or however... but I still appreciate Higor, he is awesome coder as well for what he done here. & for every other.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information