Not sure if this is against the rules, buuut

User Tag List

Not sure if this is against the rules, buuut

I won't mention names, but I'm sure I've seen some high profile, high skills players who are aliasing on the public siege server. Doesn't this ruin the balancer by getting rid of the track record that's used to balance teams? The result seems to be one sided matches on pub, which is no fun whatsoever for the losing team.

So is this against the rules, and is there any way of enforcing a rule it violates? I only ask for future reference, I'm not here to stir shit about what may or may not have happened in the past, if I am correct about how the balancer works. All I have to go by are suspicions, anyway.

Much love xxxxxx

With my normal name (CoD|Cella`<3) I got like 70 cookies, and when I alias I get into even noobier teams, so imagine how terrible it would be if id use my real name.

its not against the rules and yah almost everyone is doing it.

cookie system is crap even if you use the same name all the time, and if you have over 100 cookies you will get stuck with noobs and the teams will be uneven that way.

Hopefully if @Higor gets some new found motivation to improve his balancer aliasing won't matter

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Hopefully if @Higor gets some new found motivation to improve his balancer aliasing won't matter
    I am clueless with coding but why doesn't he just make the balancer go with your nex ID like banning works?
    Like you ban an ID you see every name they use so why not make the balancer like that? ???

to be honest it should just go by your IP. I have seen balancers go by your IP, and works fine. If you start banning people then see ya unrealshots :P
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    to be honest it should just go by your IP. I have seen balancers go by your IP, and works fine. If you start banning people then see ya unrealshots :P
    I have a dynamic IP.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    cookie system is crap even if you use the same name all the time, and if you have over 100 cookies you will get stuck with noobs and the teams will be uneven that way.
    I may be wrong on this, but isn't !s !t !p against the rules because it messes with the balancer to stack the teams? Which using an alias also does by using a different loophole in the balancing system.

I get that the balancer isn't brilliant, but it only seems fair that we give the balancer information about ourselves and get subjected to that decision for better or worse. We're better all sticking by the balancer than having exceptions which, overall, will lead to more stacking and hence more frustration and more people driven to change their name in an attempt to improve their crappy team.

Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    I may be wrong on this, but isn't !s !t !p against the rules because it messes with the balancer to stack the teams?
    thats fixed also this was only on 4 way.

Thread Information