User Tag List

A couple of questions to the Admins around here..

Ive been enjoying playing on your servers, especially the iCTF zp ones which are kinda the last ones out there i think.

But i've stumbled upon somethings that i wanted to share with you guys..

First of all is that i think the "!admin" command aint working, is it? Ive called admins numerous times and ive not found one coming to the server even once. (Then what's the point in having such command if ther isnt any response to it anyway.. ;o)

And well the other thing is that the servers are sometimes completely filled with idiots. Nearly half of the time when I'm trying to enjoy the game I face an opponent team full of assrunners and campers while in my own team i got people boosting me all over the place and just really not knowing what they are doing, like bumping into you all the time whereever you walk.

It's already hard enough to play vs. a couple of lamers but when your team boosts you around (i can walk myself you know?) and get you killed that way is just frustrating and then you call help from an admin and no one shows up..

I hope i can get some feedback on this, ofcourse i can't change how things are going on your servers but the least i could do is let you guys know how i experience them. I hope you guys keep up with the good work by running these nice servers.

- Frank

Quote Originally Posted by `HadeZ- View Post
    First of all is that i think the "!admin" command aint working, is it? Ive called admins numerous times and ive not found one coming to the server even once. (Then what's the point in having such command if ther isnt any response to it anyway.. ;o)
    I think this command is for sending a message for server admin not to bring them lol

And well the other thing is that the servers are sometimes completely filled with idiots. Nearly half of the time when I'm trying to enjoy the game I face an opponent team full of assrunners and campers while in my own team i got people boosting me all over the place and just really not knowing what they are doing, like bumping into you all the time whereever you walk.
    It's a public server , every public server is a chaos

Quote Originally Posted by OuTlaW View Post
    I think this command is for sending a message for server admin not to bring them lol
    You apparantly never used the command so I cant see why you're responding on this.. When you use the command it says the admin(s) have been informed/received your message.

Quote Originally Posted by OuTlaW View Post
    It's a public server , every public server is a chaos
    Everybody knows that but if the above command would get used properly i think some issues/bad players could be solved.

Well, idiots will always be in video games, it's hard to find a refuge from them.

Secondly, admins can't be around 24/7, they're not computers designed to answer to every call of help because someone's cheating - let alone because you don't like your teammates. The human race hasn't come up with a mechanical admin for Unreal Tournament yet, maybe you could be the first?

Jokes aside, I'm afraid you've pointed out two things that are part of life.

Bit foolish to think I didnt think this through before i posted.. Ofcourse i don't expect admins to pop-up 24/7 but i called for them numerous times on different moments and none ever showed up.

I was spec last night and i saw an admin give quite a few warnings out, desteny being one of them

Ive been enjoying playing on your servers, especially the iCTF zp ones which are kinda the last ones out there i think.

But i've stumbled upon somethings that i wanted to share with you guys..

It's already hard enough to play vs. a couple of lamers but when your team boosts you around (i can walk myself you know?) and get you killed that way is just frustrating and then you call help from an admin and no one shows up..

I hope i can get some feedback on this, ofcourse i can't change how things are going on your servers but the least i could do is let you guys know how i experience them. I hope you guys keep up with the good work by running these nice servers.

- Frank
    When you type !Admin it goes to IRC .. I'm not sure how many people are on it though, so that's probably why no one comes to the server often. If you have a problem with someone, make demo, take ss and please come to the forum so we can handle the problem.

^ what she said.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I knew about the admin command but always forgot the IRC channel it was sending the message too, sorry! I'm idling there now together with some other mods/admins and we will try to be there if necessary. Sorry to hear about all the lamers, but oh well, these 2 insta servers are the last ones being so active so having lamers is unavoidable. We try out best to make the servers as fun and playable as possible, trust me. If there are any future problems, feel free to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Viper]LtD[~ View Post
    Hi there and welcome to the forum. I knew about the admin command but always forgot the IRC channel it was sending the message too, sorry! I'm idling there now together with some other mods/admins and we will try to be there if necessary. Sorry to hear about all the lamers, but oh well, these 2 insta servers are the last ones being so active so having lamers is unavoidable. We try out best to make the servers as fun and playable as possible, trust me. If there are any future problems, feel free to ask!
    I just knew something had to be wrong in the whole circuit..

But thanks for your response and your kind words .

GrtZ

Thread Information