User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BlackriverultimateV5 not loading

So a friend of mine that plays on the One Night Stand server too, can't play when the map BlackRiverUltimateV5 gets voted, she gets the following message: "Failed to find object Level CTF-BlackRiverUltimateV5.MyLevel"

Any help on this case, cause the main problem seems to be the missing mapfile.

What I would think... one of the original file has been replaced with a mismatch file. I can't be sure which file that will be, but it might be easy if your friend look at the client (his) log and maybe it will tell what file is mismatched (or missing... if any).

To look at your own log... go to your UT menu, Tools, Show Log. Only do this once you try to connect to that map btw... if need more help have him to post the log. (Remove any personal information if needed.)

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Is she trying to load the map for offline play or this error happens when the server is playing the map?

"Failed to find object Level CTF-BlackRiverUltimateV5.MyLevel"

That message occurst when a package without a Level context is attempted to be played.
    In general, maps, textures, U files and even music and sound files are all packages made of the same format.

This errors is mainly caused by the existence of a CTF-BlackRiverUltimateV5 package without a level object in it.
    It's most likely a 0kb package or another non-map with the same name (different extension maybe?).

Find all BlackRiverUltimateV5 files and delete them, do the same in the cache.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

@SAM, yes it happens in online play on the one night stand server. And thanks Chamberly and Higor, I'll tell her.

on some maps and occasionally my ut crashes, closes and shows an error message that shows a lot of commands related to something about textures, and I have absolutely no idea why this happens, I think it might be something with the video device installed. It happens to anyone else?
    Runway

If you can post the errors we can see if it's something that can be resolved

Quote Originally Posted by RunAway View Post
    on some maps and occasionally my ut crashes, closes and shows an error message that shows a lot of commands related to something about textures, and I have absolutely no idea why this happens, I think it might be something with the video device installed. It happens to anyone else?
    Are you using updated video renders?
    When i used to play with the default Drect3d i kept getting quite a few crashes related to textures.

OpenGL
    The next time the error happens I'll take a print screen and post it here. Thank you!
    Runway

clearly a corrupt file that is detected in your system thus stopping the server from sending you a correct and uncorrupted file.

Solution - Delete cache files in "C:\unrealtournament and C:\unrealtournament\cache" and any files in the C:\unrealtournament\Maps that contain Blackriver in the name, that will solve the problem as you will have to re download the map in its entirety and correct format.

Thread Information