User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UT Trouble

UT Trouble

Hey everyone Been awhile and i wont be on much but I want to continue to play. So here are my 2 problems.
    1.) Graphics Issue---When using Direct3d support screen is clear and bright but my mouse is jerking around and the screen is shaky. I have tryed the different video graphics like OpenGL (Runs better but even with brightness on high my screen is so black its unplayable.
    2.) My mouse seems to be running very fast in game. I can't seem to slow it down at all. I have tryed the ingame settings changing it very low to ajusting my mouse settings. ( I have a wireless logitech laser mouse with correct drivers)
    Any help or ideas would be appreciated

Is it just on our servers or any server?

Have you tried a mouse fix that removes acceleration?

There's a download link on here.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs...mization-guide

For the mouse, try to fix it turning on/off your 'DirectInput' setting (Options>Preferences>Input) and turn off your 'vSync' setting (find it under your render device preferences, also in your video card settings), if you have alot of CPI in your mouse you need to put a really low value in your mouse sens setting into UT, try something like 0.7 if you are running something like 3200 DPI (1600 CPI) and also turn off 'enhance pointer precision' under your O.S. mouse settings (to get it work you need to download/install a mouse fix).
    if you still having mouse problems try Polling Rate= 500 Hz in your mouse settings.

for more "brightness" just use gamma under render device preferences (write preferences in console)
    w5ykj

Sam, it seems to be happening in every server. Thanks to everyone for your ideas. Crsk, you are talking in another language to me lol but i will try to figure it out thank you

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    go into the unrealtournament.ini under the section for the renderer youre using you should find either "vsync" which you would put to false or you will have "swapinterval" which you would put to 0

in game go to options>input and tick direct input

check your fps by typing timedemo 1 in the console and see how much you get and if it drops constantly

Hey Sonic, long time no see!

For your mouse: Disable mouse acceleration and put the windows mouse speed at default which is the 6th notch in the middle.
    Last edited by |uK|chiseller; 04-25-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Hey Chis, long time! I ticked direct input and vsync was already set to false. Couldnt find the "swapinterval" so im guessing i do not have that? My mouse seems to be working fine now. Just having those grapgic issues. It still works fine on opengl just dark, but direct3d is still jumpy. I will check fps soon and post that.

OpenGL brightness fix : go into UnrealTournament\system, Open unrealtournament.ini, under [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] , look for GammaOffset=0.000000 and set it to GammaOffset=0.600000, this will fix your brightness issue for OpenGL.

Thanks Fluke, All I have under that section is
    [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
    Translucency=True
    VolumetricLighting=False
    ShinySurfaces=True
    Coronas=True
    HighDetailActors=True
    DetailTextures=True

Thread Information