Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    siege source is in C++ ?
    Runway

Quote Originally Posted by RunAway View Post
    siege source is in C++ ?
    lel no
    UnrealScript I think
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

very seem, thanks!! lets have fun playing! hahahaha
    Runway

Want to get a good play out of this map. The first two times I played it the game was literally over in a few minutes or less. Making a cont to block shots at the core is nice in theory, but if there is one thing we know about siege public it is that defensive tactical employment is woefully low. I think the issue is that the map is so small that players just rush into a base and do so much core damage that the game can't really get started. If both teams had decent D to start it might be different, but if the map gets a bad rap it might not get voted enough to see some good games.

Two possible fixes for a V2:

1. Move core into one of the clear plasma areas to the left or right of where the core currently is to take out the core shooting from the hallways. Give the ability of players to jump back up from underneath on 3 of the 4 rail bridges (not next to the core).

2. My preferred option: Move the core underneath its current location, laying just above that little water patch. Players jump down to attack core and have the ability to jump back up to all four rail bridges rather than just 1 of the 4 as is the case currently.

Additional possible add-on: more RU crystal exception to start to build defenses more quickly.

A related aside: I thought that on the map 'Epic-Apes', players would eventually adapt and figure out how to defend it, knowing that the vent tele will happen each game. This never happened and the map never gets played anymore. I just don't think there are enough defensive instincts with players on public at large to put too much responsibility on them to make defenses early in a game to prolong a game more than a few minutes. They will just lose interest. Building defensive incentives into a map is good, but there has to be a certain threshold of difficulty to reach the core to make a map playable.

Will look to play the map more and add further comment.

Thread Information