User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    Actually, Rage Quitting IS another form of betrayal.. so ... technically, we already play this game type.
    I don't know about you, but when I rage quit it is retribution, not betrayal. I was the one being betrayed by a lack of teamwork lol. Plus if someone like Banny is on my team (Niven? hehe) and some new blood enters players actually step up and start taking responsibility for maintaining the base instead of being apes.

You (plural) do realize that this exchange could turn into a thread of betrayal and retribution in and of itself and perhaps break out into a forum fight.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Soze View Post
    ...of betrayal and retribution
    Indeed and well said. Perhaps we have Title for a Mod ..

-] Betrayal and Retribution [-

I don't think I'd enjoy this much, myself. I love IG, but the whole idea of 'betrayal' definitely seems like it'd be more annoying than fun in the end.

Yeah but what if that was you with a successful betrayal and you won the game ....would it be fun then ?

From the video Higor posted, to me it seems that there is no need to betray one's teammates even though it is called Betrayal. Plus, you can take retribution on others who betray you and chastise them for being douche bags if that's your style. I believe there is a window for retribution after the betrayal where you can gain extra pot points or whatever, so there is that incentive for non-betrayers. Just the gametype implies that there might be some creative strategies which is something to keep in mind.

And if Higor is on your team, expect imminent betrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Yeah but what if that was you with a successful betrayal and you won the game ....would it be fun then ?
    I feel like it would require a certain strategy to get a successful betrayal, and I suck at strategy. If I COULD achieve it, it'd be fun, but I see myself getting impatient and frustrated many times before that happens. =-P

However, if enough other people would find it fun, then it's always worth a shot. Maybe I'd enjoy it.

Well @Pie, you have the fallout boy on your sig...so you have played fallout I assume which is a Real Time Strategy... :P

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Well @Pie, you have the fallout boy on your sig...so you have played fallout I assume which is a Real Time Strategy... :P
    I have it, cause I played Fallout New Vegas, which is an FPS/RPG, not RTS. =-P I don't play any RTS games, cause I hella suck at strategy.

Meh, what's that game like? Any good? I didn't like Fallout 3 or any by bethesda...stop playing the sequel after interplay stopped developing it. I played Fallout 3 for 5 minutes and uninstalled it since it was nothing like the previous three that I'd played or loved! RTS FTW MAN

I've never played the other Fallouts, so I can't compare, but I, myself, LOVE Fallout New Vegas. Part of it is nostalgic for me though, since I'm from Vegas. I enjoy it a lot though. I like how the quests are setup, and weapons you get. I like exploring abandoned buildings vs caves and stuff like in other RPGs. So, for me, it's hella awesome, but I think it varies from person to person.

The only strategy games I like are Civ IV and Civ V, but those are turn-based, which makes a huge difference for me. SimCity is cool too, but I still suck at it, lol.

Thread Information