User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not saying that there won't be one , just wait a while

Why do you seem to think Photoshop is required for such a minimal task ?
    That's like opening a nut with an industrial press.

Any decent free image conversion tool will do this for you, quicker and with less fuss.
    Several free programs also support S3TC/DDS/DXT files, and there is a plugin for GIMP.

If you want superior palette handling, then again you will have to look at other tools that do not feature "shop" in the name. 8-bit handling and remapping is a low-priority for Adobe.
    Programs like "Cosmigo Pro Motion" and "MemeCode i.Mage" are far better at colour-reduction, with more control and options.

See this page for a variety of free tools aimed at Unreal modders Your Unreal - Editing resources Look for the section "GENERAL TOOLS".

If someone ever uses the lame excuse "I don't have Photoshop so I can't...", you have my permission to slap them, and shout "Wake up!"

I don't have Photoshop and never will. Why should I ? when I can do things easier and quicker with free tools.
    If you feel that you must use commercial software, then there is also PaintShop Pro, Corel Paint etc.
    PaintShop pro is cheaper than Photoshop but looks and behaves just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Flay View Post
    ...Your Unreal - Editing resources Look for the section "GENERAL TOOLS". ...
    Resources? Good God man, we should devote an entire forum to your list of resources... Very nice.

or at least make a Thread in the Tutorials section called Unreal Resources, but I like the idea of a full Forum >Dr. Flay's Unreal Resource Center...

...how to shoot your best friend in the head!

I get what DrFlay is saying but you need to take into account the image has to be created first that will be set as the default UT background, then that image needs to be sliced into 256x256 segments to import into the logo_map.unr file and then saved.

so although the post is useful for a lot of things, hence my "like" , for backgrounds it isn't so helpful if you want to use a different method than OSX changer etc. and simply create your own logo map file with a custom made image

Valid point well made,.... but covered by the free program GIMP
    My jibe is really at the incessant belief that Photoshop is the only image editing software on the planet

I actually mostly use GIMP for transparency stuff and AnimGifs, with an occasional bit of photo-manipulation.
    Irfanview does all my grunt-work like slicing and dicing.
    All my composite stuff gets done with Photogenics, as you don't need to fart about with masks, and you can be more subtle.
    I originally made this for the cover for a mashup track I did that went out on a halloween album.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dr+Flay+avatar.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	1282
    Dr Flay - House of 1000 Unreal zombies

BTW. Ignore the date on the Editing resources page. I update the date when I add something important. Other than that, things get added all the time.
    I make a point of adding any sites that have proper tiling textures.
    Have not added any sound FX resources. There is a useful thread we started at UT99.org with loads of free SFX.
    I have more deco/model packs to upload, but I need to turn them into proper distros with docs and pics.

The page could indeed take up far more space if everything had pictures and descriptions, but the aim is to have 1 page open and I can get everything possible to make a project for any Unreal engine.

The old farts amongst us may also like to check the Your Unreal - Grave-Robbing page, where I have resurrected many useful old sites.
    ...Oh damn it ! I am now going to have to add UT-Files to that sorrowful page

I totally get your point about Paint Shop, I have all versions and I never use any of them, I use Xara Xtreme to create the images and irfanview for .pcx conversion so don't get why the "I don't have or photo shop is not working.

This is the style I prefer, this has been mine for a while, thought I posted it.

This is as tall as the image can be if you are using the Logo_Map.unr as the background platform

if anyone would like this background then let me know and i will give you a link for it.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 06-13-2013 at 12:13 PM.

You may get a nice little community pack out of this thread.

people can also submit images they want to change.

To make a logo_map.unr background just post an image that is 1536 W x 512 H then it can be sliced into 3 512x512 segments which can then be converted and added to a custom logo_map.unr

even though this post a little bit old, but some people are talking about it...
    does anyone want a fucking KFC background? *cough* @SilverWing *cough*
    lol want to know if people want it before putting it up

Thread Information