Weapons

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons

Weapons

I like branding each release by milestone, and this thread was made to propose one for RC21.

RC20 (and the endless fixes, new one coming soon) > featured lag compensation for extra weapons.

I propose a milestone for RC21:
    - Make Ape Cannon buildable (400 ru?) and remove it from middle spawn.
    - Create a multi use grenade launcher for mid spawn (buildable too?).

The grenade launcher is an old concept, primary fire shoots, and secondary switches the grenade type.
    > DEFAULT: Basic grenades (uses rocket launcher ones, 1.5x speed) (takes ammo from rocket launcher)
    > Mini EMP grenades (small EMP range, 3x range for mines) (10 max)
    > Napalm (puts clusters of builds on fire) (10 max)
    > Fragmentation (frag projectiles go thru builds, damaging more than one) (25 max)
    > Gas (leaves a poison cloud for 10 seconds, PG style damage but deadly) (15 max)

The mid spawn would grant max ammo for one grenade type randomly (except DEFAULT, that depends on rocket launcher ammo), and a small amount for the others.
    And maybe making the fragmentation and gas ones buildable.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

There should be shrapnel and stun grenade too where everything turns white for a couple seconds and I high pitch noise like in metal gear solid !!

Emp grenade with small radius is a great idea.

Ape noob cannon is fucking shit. Remove at all.

EMP again? i guess not!! but its just me...

Emp has a use but in a very small radius. Like for example you can emp the front of simplex barricade instead of having to destroy it completely. This way you can organise attacks to infiltrate enemy base temporarily while defending team can still easily defend.

So it won't emp your whole base instead just a radius it hits. Which would not make it as over powered as before.

Please NO EMP at all !!!!!!!!!!
    Let Siege as it is running. Pls Dont change anything !!!!!!!

Small under powered changes is ok to give variety of attacks ...don't worry I will make sure it's not op

Higor is just licking his chops at building ape cannons on Niven for 400 RU while getting a 5-1 or better return on that investment lel. Should be closer to the pulse rifle (800) which makes it restrictive to build but worth it potentially for strategic considerations. Personally would be OK with seeing the ape cannon removed, but it does have a classic name so that alone makes me want it to stay.

If you want to explore changing mid spawns, maybe make the mid spawns map-dependent where no ape cannon spawns on BathroomsEQ1, for instance. Sounds like potentially a lot of extra work, but just throwing out an idea.

OP SAM!!!

Well, the ape cannon could actually be UPGRADED to a grenade launcher, just make the alt fire launch a grenade, (or multiples -like 3) that bounce and then detonate when you die or let off of the alt fire... so you have some kind of control of their detonation.

So lets see, you want to limit the mines and add a new weapon for offense, now tell me how in the fuck is that supposed to be balanced

Some should really think twice (or even think) before posting
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Thread Information