Weapons - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapons

Burning stuff in troublesome places, just perfect.

Perfect only BEGINS to describe it...

The fragments spawned by the fragmentation grenade (40) and the poison clouds from the toxic grenade (12) are all generated using a random seed sent by the server.
    This random seed will generate the same results on both client and server machines while not even sending the fragments themselves over the network.

This is 100% simulation of fragments with 100% accuracy and the bandwidth usage equivalent to only 1 fragment.

The experimental usage of a random seed was 100% succesful and I'll formualte it for the sgEnforcer and it's client/server aim error simulation + lag compensation.

Are you seriously gonna introduce this to siege? It will be abused, just think about maps involving doors to get out from base (niven, simplex) and for ex take niven some 1 will burn the floor outside door and then the whole team is going to stand at ramp spamming alternate rockets at the door.

nice concept for a weapon, but real bad idea for siege as banny pointed out.

I thought you were going to port over some weapons from Nali Weapons 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Banny View Post
    Are you seriously gonna introduce this to siege? It will be abused, just think about maps involving doors to get out from base (niven, simplex) and for ex take niven some 1 will burn the floor outside door and then the whole team is going to stand at ramp spamming alternate rockets at the door.
    Just like Bob Barker says, ONLY .. if the Price is Right... I disagree, alternatives for weapons only means a more interesting game. There are counter measures and if you use them right, you will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} View Post
    I thought you were going to port over some weapons from Nali Weapons 3?
    We're still waiting for Sam to approve (or request) that step.... I hope to move forward soon.

This could be made as a Late game weapon. +2.5k RU or something lol idk how would the ammo cartigrades work.

BTW, I really like the idea and the weapon, but I have a few questions...

Does the Mini EMP ammo lasts forever like the normal one ? (until repaired).
    Does the Napalm ammo burn lasts forever ? (until repaired).

How much ammo can the GL carry ? Can it carry different types of ammo at the same time ?

Depending on the answer you could say it wont fit on Siege or not, and also de RU cost of course.

I love the weapon :P
    "Tactical Suicide!"

The GL will be available per-catridge and not in it's full repository, something between 450 and 700 RU with limited grenade amount (15 EMP, 15 Napalm, 20 Toxic, 30 Fragmentations).
    Only mid spawn will give all ammo types.

The GL in all cases will share rockets with the rocket launcher (up to 48) so if you supply the rocket launcher, you'll also fire normal rocket grenades with the GL (with a bit of extra propulsion).

my head spins trying to get used to all these constant changes, what is also over looked is how often do you see people build blue pulse or leecher etc.? I hardly ever see anyone build any of the weapons so what is the point adding more?

Being the sole creator of a mod for the past 9 years i know how tough it is to introduce new things to players who are comfortable with that current setup, i normally make small changes every 2 months or more and they are always small changes except for my latest RX7, this thread feels like overkill especially when there are real things that need fixing first before you throw in a world of confusion by releasing so much at once.

i mean like this....

this is the RX6 which i built a year or two ago and tweaked and changed during that time, small tweaks at a time. but I recently finished the first version of the RX7 a few months ago.

Old launcher RX6

New launcher RX7

old Jet (both teams have the same jet) RX6

New jet (not the best SS) RX7

Red team jet RX7

Blue team jet RX7

These changes for a mod that has players who are perfectly adjusted to the current setup will dislike big changes, i know that first hand, i get it in the neck every single new release i make but i learnt that changing too much too fast does more damage than good.

also...............

lag compensator is not fixed, i still have trouble switching weapons and when it eventually does its scrolls 2-3 more than i wanted, made me rage quit many times along with others having the same problem.

I have asked and asked and asked and asked and still being ignored, the SwitchANIM on the constructor is SHIT! higor, cut the damn anim for weapon switching to the constructor in half for like the 100th time, cut the frames in half in the import for the model, its a 30 second fix, please do it, no weapon in UT switches that damn slow, very poor anim rate.

not sure where the fault lies here but there is a nuke bug in pug matches or could have been a one off, no way to tell because this is the only time i have ever alt fired a nuke in pug, I launched a guided nuke and server paused because a player left, this froze me in flight and as soon as the server unpaused the nuke exploded in the air, no one shot it, full explosion. but like i said, that may not lie with the code, but worth checking.?

this...vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv..it exploded there as soon as it unpaused

All of this is only my opinion and in no way am i talking down about any developer work, i am just talking from years of experience releasing new versions of a mod and voicing my opinion.

PS: sorry for the big ass post.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};59967]sure where the fault lies here but there is a nuke bug in pug matches or could have been a one off, no way to tell because this is the only time i have ever alt fired a nuke in pug, I launched a guided nuke and server paused because a player left, this froze me in flight and as soon as the server unpaused the nuke exploded in the air, no one shot it, full explosion. but like i said, that may not lie with the code, but worth checking.?

this...vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv..it exploded there as soon as it unpaused
    #Banrareware
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Thread Information