User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hz rate jittering

Hello everybody,

i have been playing with frameratelimit = 121 and ace highperftoggle for over a year now and the framerate had been constant on all servers at 121. For some months now,m I notice that it is not constant anymore but jittering around the 121 so that the average for several minutes is not 121 but 121.5 or so or less. I also notice that the game is not that fluid anymore, which really annoys me. Sometimes the frame rate drops heavily which makes my game freezes and unplayable. Strange thing is that it is less bad on some servers. It happens both with d3d9 and opengl, so the problem might not be rendering related!?!?!? ideas were and were checked: cleaning out cache, demos, running exe as administrator, making ini file read only. Nothing helps. Problem occuring both on Win 7 and 10. So that might be sth with cpu? Tried also different nvidia drivers.

Does anyone have similar problems and could give hints what to change?

thanks,
    LoD

here are my current inis:
    http://www.altmuehlnet.de/~hilger/Lo...t_20150721.ini
    http://www.altmuehlnet.de/~hilger/LoD_User_20150721.ini

here are my nvidia settings:
    http://www.altmuehlnet.de/~hilger/nvidiasettings.JPG
    http://www.altmuehlnet.de/~hilger/nvidiasettings2.JPG

Some specs:
    - In fact I am on a laptop connected via DP to to my benq 144 hz monitor that is running at 120
    - the laptop is always on full power and speedstep is deactivated
    - i am on nividia (gt540m) with newest driver and running opengl 3.7

btw. this is a cross post from Owned Well • View topic - Hz not constant anymore, ut99 but as nobody could help me there....
    Last edited by LoD; 09-26-2015 at 09:12 AM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    sounds like some settings have changed or your ini is corrupt somehow ive had it happened to me, maybe get a new ut.ini and just copy in the d3d9/opengl settings into the new one and set that new ini to read-only

to get a new ini just remove current on from system folder and run ut then copy in any settings you feel you need to the new one and try it

post moved to spam section*
    Last edited by Jerry; 09-26-2015 at 02:21 PM.

I get that when watching anything on my 2nd monitor. After some research I found out, that it's because of the different refresh rates of the 2 screens (120 and 144hz). I get framedrops in every game when something is moving on my desktop screen.
    Dunno if that's the case for you but if you have a second monitor try turning it off or don't have any videos or something like that running.

Have you disabled windows indexing(windows search) service?

It fixed 80% of the fps lag I get.

Hello all,

don't get why this this should be spam. But thanks to all who offered genuine help. Unfortunately none of this helped. I have also reinstalled ut but this also did not help. I will now try the free copy available on this site.

thank you,
    LoD

Hi LoD,

I have a few specific settings for you to double check.

1) do you know if you running global or custom ut99 program settings in the NVidia control panel? sometimes these get reverted back to default, they should look something like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nvidia ut99.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	2594

2) since you're using an external monitor, I'd check windows/monitor display properties and make sure that your refresh rate have not reverted back to default.

3) be sure that your mutate ace highperftoggle has been locally/manually enabled, for those servers that may not have it forced on.

Hello seeya,

thanks for the hints. I was running UT on custom settings (see my first post for screenshots). I have now also tried your settings but with no change. I have checked everthing you mentioned multiple times (monitor settings, ace highperftoggle, etc)
    I have some more information to add:
    1. The problems occurs also with the version of ut that can be downloaded on this website and with a new ini that additionally only contains settings RefreshRate, Swapinterval and FrameRateLimit.
    2. The fremdrops are verified using TimeDemoStatistics in UT and FRAPS
    3. I have also tested using Razer Game Booster to shut down unnecessary porcesses but this did not help. (and i did not have to use it a year ago with the same rig)
    4. Problem occurs with d3d9 and opengl.
    5.The problem of inconsisted frames also occurs when running everything on 60 hz
    6. I have verified that the gpu is running when running ut using optimus tools
    7. btw,the details given above are not correct anymore: Now I do not even reach 121 frames, but rate is around 98-115...
    8. Happens online AND offline!?!?!!?

I start to give up I have invested multiple hours in finding this problem. And it worked on the same rig!? And it was such a nice hobby and I started to get really good... sigh

thanks for all your help
    LoD
    Last edited by LoD; 10-06-2015 at 04:53 PM.

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
    FrameRateLimit=121 // Do not go over 100 or you’ll get some inconstant game speeds (kann nicht sein). CPU controlled frame rate limiter in frames per second. Set to 0 to disable.
    ?
    Last edited by uranus; 10-06-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    Set to 0 to disable.
    Already tried, not helping.

Thread Information