User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

|uk| public servers (uk and us)

hello!

i decided to register to this forum to say only few things about the public servers: i think they run really bad.
    Despite uk being newnet and us being zp and despite both being run on 100 tickrate they feel like reg/nonzp. Not only that, there are a couple of bugs that happen often such as: joining and not seeing scoreboard when pressing f1 (i dont mean smartctf, i mean seeing the scoreboard at all, only fixable by reconnecting and risking to lose a player spot on the server), different hitsounds when killing a player (sometimes it displays a hitsound sometimes it doesnt) and then ofc the map rotation wich really isnt really a problem per say but my opinion is that coret3v3, ctf-joust, some modified andaction and control dont constitute a solid maplist, but i suppose in regards to maps its all a matter of personal opinion.

so my question is: can you guys get better servers, or at least reset them entirely and set them properly in order to make them solid? I ask this because the servers are populated at all times, most probably the most active instagib servers at this moment so I feel you guys have the *obligation* to get them as best as possible, like TammY did before and KiK server did years before that I also see you have a banner for monetary contributions on this site so, the contributors do deserve better

Anyways this is only a suggestion, uk community seems to be really big (just like the public servers) so imo it needs to have a bigger and better standart aswell.

Thanks for listening :]

The servers are like reg but with zp bugs added to it, and it only seems to be playable with <50 ping. As soon as you move and fire you have to lead the target not aim at them.

In the last few days after 2-3weeks break because of how bad the lag and bugs have gotten, it's seems to have gotten even worse and it's a not even worth playing anymore.

Hey welcome, as for the scoreboard and sound's problem i think that's on your end dude.. I've not come across these problem's before and haven't heard of any like that either.
    As for the other problem i couldn't say, check your netspeed is at 20,000 because any lower usually cause's shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    The servers are like reg but with zp bugs added to it, and it only seems to be playable with <50 ping. As soon as you move and fire you have to lead the target not aim at them.

In the last few days after 2-3weeks break because of how bad the lag and bugs have gotten, it's seems to have gotten even worse and it's a not even worth playing anymore.
    Couldnt describe it better. The "reg feeling" and having to lead shots really only happens in |uk| servers therefore im sure it can be fixable/properly set because its not a UT problem or a personal problem. About the zpbugs I dont even bother anymore, i just attribute that problem to zeroping and UT in general (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|MeNTaL^ View Post
    Hey welcome, as for the scoreboard and sound's problem i think that's on your end dude.. I've not come across these problem's before and haven't heard of any like that either.
    As for the other problem i couldn't say, check your netspeed is at 20,000 because any lower usually cause's shit like this.
    thanks for responding. Netspeed is already at 20k and im not the only one experiencing it. Regarding the previous problems (scoreboard and hitsounds) i'll be happy to fraps a clip to show it. :untroubled:

Regards!
    Last edited by vitrae; 09-06-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Ah sorry man, i didn't exclude the idea just haven't heard of it myself as far as i knew ACE sorts most of the sound bugs etc, i understand about having to lead shot's, yet i only thought that was a problem i had lol. I did 2 re-installs thinking i had a issue, but after a ini i was given yesterday i've not had the same problems as such, only that when a player enters the server my ut jumps for a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|MeNTaL^ View Post
    Ah sorry man, i didn't exclude the idea just haven't heard of it myself as far as i knew ACE sorts most of the sound bugs etc, i understand about having to lead shot's, yet i only thought that was a problem i had lol. I did 2 re-installs thinking i had a issue, but after a ini i was given yesterday i've not had the same problems as such, only that when a player enters the server my ut jumps for a sec.

no need to apologize. Joining server and not having smartctf on (or being able to toggle it) is a known issue, but not seeing scoreboard entirely is something i've only experienced in |uk| servers. Another thing i noticed is the countdown sounds to end the map: they are played in both male and female announcer and desynched with the contdown display at the screen. All these things (hitsounds, scoreboard thing, countdown thing, nonzp/reg feel) leave me to think servers are not properly set or something is wrong with them and they should be fixed, as they are the most populated instagib public servers of today.

ps: about that jump aka framedrops when someone joins, it has to do if the server is linux or windows afaik. ipug servers dont have that and neither did TammY's. Most private clanservers also dont/didnt have that

thx for responding.
    Last edited by vitrae; 09-06-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    The servers are like reg but with zp bugs added to it, and it only seems to be playable with <50 ping...
    ping below 50 doesnt make it unfortunately. i rarely play on the uk-server nowadays coz i can't stand the lag->nolag->lag-behavior. the us-server, even with an 80ms higher ping than on the uk-one, did run ok for me the last few weeks tho (*knocksonwood*)..

i believe both servers are running newnet. Also most of the time it is the players that are causing the lag to the server, am i right @SAM. @vitrae what is the size of your utlog file? Because that might be what is causing problems with most players and it had something to do with newnet.
    Last edited by Shotman; 09-06-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    i believe both servers are running newnet. Also most of the time it is the players that are causing the lag to the server, am i right @SAM. @vitrae what is the size of your utlog file? Because that might be what is causing problems with most players and it had something to do with newnet.
    it cant be the people lagging the servers as they behave the same with barely any players on the server too. There are other servers with just as many players or more that dont lag. Also US server is zp. And my ut.log is 45kb (how would that even be related to |uk| servers only?)

ps: hi shotman
    Last edited by vitrae; 09-06-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitrae View Post
    There are other servers with just as many players or more that dont lagn
    I can vouch for that, but the only thing i see is that they don't run ACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    Also most of the time it is the players that are causing the lag to the server
    Idk if that could be true, unless the player was doing something to cause a build up on the server.
    Last edited by |uK|MeNTaL^; 09-06-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Thread Information