User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NPL actors discarded.
    It's something else.

EDIT:
    I'll take a look at NexGen.

EDIT 2:
    IGUK server has 20 NPL actors, and Siege has 150.
    I don't know, something doesn't seem right about this.

EDIT 3:
    NexGen actors aren't resource hungry at all.
    I will try altering the player pawns update rates for very short amounts of time and observe any changes in the CPU usage.
    Last edited by Higor; 10-16-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Map: BlackRiver2a, 5 minutes into the game.

r=50
    cli=19
    act=1.1~1.8
    net=4.0~8.5

15 players, 4 spectators.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Map: BlackRiver2a, 5 minutes into the game.

r=50
    cli=19
    act=1.1~1.8
    net=4.0~8.5

15 players, 4 spectators.
    When I use to play siege in the mornings, it was always full server.. now when you joined, its not even people on or its 1-2 people on like kenneth said.. we are losing traffic.

I'm not saying this as a hateful thing, just saying as it is...

yes, we do have lots of people at times...but the version is not good, just listen to the people that trying to help you to realize it

It's an incremental issue, something's slowly crippling the server over match time.
    CPU timings are great during the first minutes of the game, but as the game gets closer to overtime it starts getting a lot slower.
    I've also noticed a huge increase in the actor processing times, even greater than RC12's unoptimized values as it gets over 30 minutes into overtime, and there were only 75 NPL actors during last test (Baths 4way).

I did not add anything that causes this behaviour, I do write my changes in the journal so I and everyone else can double check.

My bet's still on NexGen, which btw is spamming my log with warnings everytime a player leaves.

EDIT:
    Adrian with 150 ping... we're all doomed.

Still dancing around the fact that the last few versions have had nothing but a negative response and is causing problems from the majority.

if one of my RX's got that reaction I would change it right back and then fix the issue, you keep dancing around peoples opinions.

fleece and kenneth are both right, the server traffic has changed and traffic has dropped, mainly due to rage quitting over the sniper not working correctly and the minigun, aka rapid fire ZP Sniper.

You may have changed a lot in your eyes Higor but dislike it or not, the people haven't seen any dramatic changes, they can only see what is on the server and that is lag, sniper not working (like blaze said, ZP211). for me and not sure who else but buildings flicker most of the time.

The whole point of this thread is as soon as a bad bug is detected, then get it off the server after each release, then put back the previous one that kept players happy and off your back.

cant escape the reality that there are huge problems Higor, like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    It's an incremental issue, something's slowly crippling the server over match time.
    CPU timings are great during the first minutes of the game, but as the game gets closer to overtime it starts getting a lot slower.
    I've also noticed a huge increase in the actor processing times, even greater than RC12's unoptimized values as it gets over 30 minutes into overtime, and there were only 75 NPL actors during last test (Baths 4way).

I did not add anything that causes this behaviour, I do write my changes in the journal so I and everyone else can double check.

My bet's still on NexGen, which btw is spamming my log with warnings everytime a player leaves.
    There is no problem in configure the player mouse properties under tick function? I mean about the possible lag induced by doing so, by the re-doing thing. maybe it's helping to kinda fuck up people? you know, AntiAimCheat... hey, and hi
    w5ykj

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    servers not even managing to give over 30 tick

gg siege

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    why doesn't siege use newnet?
    its going to be so hard for TimTim to create a newnet siege, its constantly getting updated. Assualt doesnt even have newnet yet

5 hour game (Coret 4 way), at the end the profile reads this:

r=50 (nominal tickrate)
    cli=28 (all clients)
    act=44.2 (engine in milliseconds)
    net=106.2 (net in milliseconds)
    pv/c=238
    rep/c=119
    rpc/c=3

The server barely handled 8 fps.
    We need tests in different configurations ASAP.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

With such a slow tickrate and processing times, not even player net rates would cause this.

- I disabled the image drop fixer for a couple of minutes and that didn't solve anything.
    - I don't think it's overheating, otherwise the problem would persist between map changes.
    - Actor count didn't skyrocket, it increased as players joined (around 40 location markers per player), but still, these location markers exist since RC17 and are recycled when players leave and re-enter, not to mention they're not replicated at all.
    - This issue is directly affecting the ZP weapons as time passes.

This server would be able to handle the AI of 150 BotZ playing a single CTF map with 5 flags on each base and yet this literally slams it down to 10 fps.

Thread Information