User Tag List

teamspirit & frustration at CTF's deathmatch

Hello peoples,

Since I became a bit frustrated and asked if a admin was needed(which wasn't/isn't) and no influence of any kind from my part can be forced to make playing on the servers more pleasant I decided to write down my thoughts.

I can feel a certain aversion to some players that are quite skilled, play on daily frequence and still don't care in any way for less skilled people to be able to play a good and fun game.
    I can sense this aversion in other peoples too, often very obvious by taunts or writings, sometimes more subtle.

I want to explain why I feel the admins at this point are totally and always totally responsible for the whole body of a good game that everyone likes to enjoy.

THE REASON RESPECTED PLAYERS COME TO THESE SERVERS? To act decent (not perverting the game in any way?) To participate in a game that has a good fight that makes everyone happy even if they lose.

Let's begin with the teambalancer and the peoples I don't care mentality towards the basis of a gg: two well balanced teams, starting to play at a 0-0 score. With players who feel excited about winning!
    A lot of people don't believe in their own noble influence anymore because not to often leading by example takes place!

Then the game begins >>> DUKU CB6 :kiwi-fruit: :kiwi-fruit:

Ohno, someone skilled is hanging around again in the middle AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNN :mad-new::mad-new::boxing: :mad-new::mad-new: (kackboon from Germany) shooting all ducky noobs who want to go to the blue base out of the air..double kill> multikill> megakill> and so on 16 min. and you get to guess his grabnumber...

He gets 1 comment from me and some other persons who's name I won't use, and some more comments from me. It's obvious his way of playing is not fun for or respected by a number of others.

Blue has won the match!

The guy feels heroic and gives me remarks on my cry-full comments.... how enlightening!

Thanks for making me feel like a dead horse's ass that's getting spanked! Second thing is that I'm laughing with a cross eyed tear because it is to sad to just laugh about.

Reason: I'm not good enough to neutralise his hanging in the middle on order to make a gg of it that with a second that I can enjoy myself too, trying to avoid him and getting a bit cranky(something he seemed to enjoy)

The behaviour this kackboon showed here is exactly what makes others indiffirent too. And with no one who takes action consistently on such, to get rid of this cross eyed ego attitude, there will be no end to this ongoing process.

It makes me wanna fart about Unai's ban or Sheba's ban, they don't affect nearly as much others in such a negative way that I was able to observe.

It's not that most people don't want a gg, a lot of people just don't know when the next one will happen for they have no influence beyond themselves and are troubled handling already. And with existing number of rotten apples gathered around these servers, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with the second effect of influencing also, and they know a lot more can be controlled by admins... but they are... unseen when they are required and they need to work it.

We have a lot of admins they are active at different times. I would much rather people start taking demo of these issues when clearly admin or mod is not on server. Because the more admin or mod we have the more chance of abuse leading to more bans leading to more complaints.

It's not just a case of more is better all the time. Every person has different perception and understanding. What someone sees as camping or dm I or you might not necessarily agree. It opens a lot more doors than there are currently open. There's plenty of player. If just one of you type demo rec the problem will almost certainly be solved.

We can't police server 24 7. We do have lives to lead to me don't forget even though we have donations they don't cover our monthly bills so there really is no way we could afford or expect anyone to be available round the clock.
    Last edited by SAM; 10-22-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Hello SAM,

Thanks for your answer which is appreciated and understood. Also I'm thankful for the time, effort and money you people behind the screens put into the pleasure of a group! :angel:

I think this thread can be closed now

Quote Originally Posted by TumtumInDiversity View Post
    Let's begin with the teambalancer and the peoples I don't care mentality towards the basis of a gg: two well balanced teams, starting to play at a 0-0 score.
    I never understood why people say gg, when a game ends 24-0, plus if you try and balance the teams you just get moved back to the winning team.

Problem is its the same people game after game, and once taken the time to demo, upload come on here and post the link, to see the exact same player back a week later doing the same is a little disheartening. I have tried !admin as was suggested to me in the past, but i guess its luck of the draw if someone is about at a given time (as you say no one can be around 24/7) but the only admin i have seen on the servers in months is UnrealShots, and i have racked up a fair few hours.

I suggested in another post, if the community uploads a Demo, can the player not get a temporary permanent ban - meaning they will need to come on these forums for it to be lifted, and they can be educated in what they should not be doing? as alot of these players dont play day in and day out, so by the time they decide to go lame on the server again - the ban has already expired and they are none the wiser.

TBH there are only 20 or so constant repeat offenders, so im sure that is easy enough to take care of over the course of a month, if people are going to get something more persuasive than a week ban, im sure a few of us here will happily sit on the server for a few hours a week just in the name of making demos for you to help relive some of the pressures of the admins and yourself?

ANyway, just a few ideas, if anyone else has anything else then fire away!

If you guys can post. Repeat offenders will be banned. There's many posts of repeated troublemakers that have been permed. It's just a formality especially if there's always reports of the same players. Take some initiative and we will do our bit : )

As SAM mentioned, posting a demo or screenshots is still a good way of getting an unwanted player noticed by the mods/admins. The !admin bind is usefull too however it seems only me and unrealshots are the only mods who actually are on the irc channel which gets notified ( correct me if I'm wrong? ). We can't be online at every moment but still try to do our best and try to be as much present as possible. For me, starting from thursday-friday I will be able to be online a lot more and I will take notes of everything posted in the forums regarding the instagib servers.

Thread Information