User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What if it was a botter with no name? you would be yelling at admin to ban them right??? after all, we are there to serve your every command, well guess what!?? We cant ban a BLANK name!!! they can just cheat their little hearts away, soooooooooo.... giving permaban message (The best motivator) to come to the forums points you to this rule and its very strong reasoning for existing on the server, takes 10 seconds to get to forum after leaving ut on a slow day, then at least you get a FULL explanation as to why that rule is so important for everyone to know, if you dont know then just ask.

Thanks for anal raping the ambience of the thread though, trolololol props to you

I knew I should have locked the topic after my previous comment.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 11-26-2013 at 02:55 PM.

maaaybeee

Glad to hear that, hope it's not a fluke. I'd expect a notice to be posted here if it were official.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} View Post
    Had to ruin it didn't you....*sigh*
    Well he's right dude. I feel totally harassed here and people need to speak up.

I've had my site as under contraction for years, and because of this, last night I started working on my site and I'm going to start advertising it all to players and offer prizes to players. I'm an excellent server admin and I'll buy more servers, whatever it takes so I can play in peace without random made up rules like "being a dickhead" or false cheater matches.

Quote Originally Posted by icE View Post
    Glad to hear that, hope it's not a fluke. I'd expect a notice to be posted here if it were official.

--- Updated ---

Well he's right dude. I feel totally harassed here and people need to speak up.

I've had my site as under contraction for years, and because of this, last night I started working on my site and I'm going to start advertising it all to players and offer prizes to players. I'm an excellent server admin and I'll buy more servers, whatever it takes so I can play in peace without random made up rules like "being a dickhead" or false cheater matches.
    so demorec or ScreenShots dont work on your machine?

You may feel hassled but that certainly is not the case as a majority, you don't see the actual number of idiots the admins do get rid of, that's kind of our thing, get rid of the idiots without anyone being disturbed, occasionally an innocent party will get caught up in the net, we are only human after all and mistakes will be made, dont think we will cover up if an admin abuses, I know I wouldn't stand for it, that's for sure.

So if you have proof then post it!!! instead of the "he was mean to me *sadface" if it is verified to be correct then the correct action will be taken as high up the admin chain as it needs to go, so please, stop yelling and playing the victim, hand over some proof so the rest of the admin chain can deal with it.

proof is power if appealing, just sayin.

spending more time whining about it is one thing, getting it solved is another and most these days whining is winning like hell

thanks again for wrecking the thread x 2

PS : "Being a Dickhead" isn't technically a rule, its kinda obvious that it is a statement and that may be why you get ejected.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 11-26-2013 at 03:18 PM.

I know being a dickhead isn't a rule . . . I can't screen shot / demorec someone's true reasons for banning when it's completely unexpected. (Chisell)

What if it was a botter with no name? you would be yelling at admin to ban them right???
    No. Not here. UK is run like Bizarro world at times.

For example. Racism is alive and well on UK servers. N-word and other racist names said on the server daily.

Not punishing people for it is akin to supporting it.

I learned something back when RB had Siege: The only people using cheats were the same people who used Racist names and language.
    That correlation hasn't been made here apparently.

And to answer your question:
    A botter with no name isnt my problem to deal with.

I know I dont cheat.
    YOU know I dont cheat.

I did nothing wrong, but suddenly, something someone else is doing becomes MY problem to handle? Why?

I cant imagine a series of event like this unfolding on HoF, where suddenly, YOU YOURSELF Lee, ban multiple people for the sins of One.
    I can personally guarantee this wouldn't happen to anyone on RB.

As for your fictitious no-name botter, how would banning ALL blank names help you catch that botter? lol

giving permaban message (The best motivator) to come to the forums
    Giving this message to the One person who committed the offense makes absolute sense.

Outside of that. Forcing others who 'resemble' he who committed the offense to join the forum to explain themselves for something they didnt do is simply... Dumb.

Banning multiple people to make them come to the forum to acknowledge a rule they didnt know they were breaking is laughable.

takes 10 seconds to get to forum after leaving ut on a slow day, then at least you get a FULL explanation as to why that rule is so important for everyone to know, if you dont know then just ask.
    Ironically, it takes '10 seconds' for an Admin to announce a new rule! (BEFORE it goes into effect! - On a slow day!)

Next time. Try This:
    Make a public announcement of a new rule! (How hard is it for an admin to type a '10 second' thread and Sticky?)
    Once said rule is publicly announced, 'kick' violators with a properly worded 'warning'.
    If they keep using the blank name after the warning, Ban.

It's really that simple to look like you made a well thought-out, rational decision.

Well said. Thanks so much, I didn't want to take the time to explain the various flaws in that logic.

Ok, let's do this properly shall we. I will highlight all the points and answer those for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by (bO.o)b View Post
    I'd agree with this except it seems half the people that are forced to come here and 'appeal' are completely innocent, or even worse, SAM gets frustrated at some occurrence and throws a retroactive ban on some rule he just made up. Like... Blank names... Nobody knew they were breaking a rule until SAM made it up and threw it in everyone's face.... RETROACTIVELY!
    There was clear reason for this. We have hundereds of players who go through our server on a daily basis, thousands weekly.

If ten of those people enter the server with blank character map as their name. Person A from Canada is using some cheat which didn't get picked up but someone provided a demo. For arguments sakes, Person A gets kicked by players on MapVote. Ten minutes later, Person B, also from Canada, enters the server with blank character map as his name. Our player records show two separate players. Who do we ban?? Shall I ban both? Would you like it if this was the scenario for you instead boob? Because then I can assure you, you would be much more inconvenienced than having an hour or two ban, where you post and it is lifted, than wait six months because if the above happened and there is no way for me to distinguish, I am sorry but I would rather protect hundereds of players at the expense of one.

It seems to me that you have no idea what an absolute headache or nightmare this could possibly turn into. It wasn't just an "overnight" rule. There's a reason why there is a name field and that is for you to populate with characters.

In light of the above explanation I have given. I think the preventative action I took was actually much better in order to mitigate the worst case scenario. Going forwards we won't need to enforce this "rule" because names will be checked for blanks so there really is no reason for anyone to make such a big deal about it.

For example. Racism is alive and well on UK servers. N-word and other racist names said on the server daily.
    Well, no one posts screenshots. People who are admin here have lives and we can't moderate 24/7. FYI though, calling a friend a nigger is not really racist. It is the context of the use of the word. Chis calls me nigger all the time. I'm not black. I don't get offended = not racist. So context is very important here. In any case, my first sentence matters. Post.

I cant imagine a series of event like this unfolding on HoF, where suddenly, YOU YOURSELF Lee, ban multiple people for the sins of One.
    I can personally guarantee this wouldn't happen to anyone on RB.

As for your fictitious no-name botter, how would banning ALL blank names help you catch that botter? lol
    Our admin panel is I would comfortably say, the best in the game. It matches and shows possible matches based on various different methods. The fact is, 97% of the time, I get the bans right. the 3%, as you saw with kud and ice scenario (proven they both use the same VPN) they are "linked". Hence both were banned. This is why it is possible for us to press a button and say the golden goodbye to a person and actually enforce bans. Most other servers don't have this level of admin function and this is why since 2007 we have consistently ran the best and cleanest pub servers. Because the bad are weeded out and kept out while the good happen to play freely with no issues. These small number of "complaints" you see is nothing compared to the number of players we actually have who don't ever need to post. So I think to be fair, you should take that into account before you make these criticisms.

Outside of that. Forcing others who 'resemble' he who committed the offense to join the forum to explain themselves for something they didnt do is simply... Dumb.
    For each person that was banned and came to forum. I clearly posted proof of their name. Banning people creates more admin work for me. Trust me, with my work, gym, rest and leisure schedule, I don't need to be creating anymore work, just because I think it's fun or funny.

Banning multiple people to make them come to the forum to acknowledge a rule they didnt know they were breaking is laughable.
    Again, as my response above, I covered the possible worst case scenario one could be presented with to deal with. If you don't think that's a good enough reason, you obviously have not thought it through.

Having said that, if players didn't do dumb shit like use a blank character map for their name, even peanut size brain Homer would know characters go in this field, there wouldn't be this issue, right? This isn't an issue I created. It's an issue players created.

Again going forwards this "virtual" rule won't be needed. And it was done to prevent the worst case scenario.

I'm pretty sure I have covered all your concerns / criticisms. In future, I suggest you properly think these through because being an admin isn't just a walk in the park.

I don't mind anyone asking me to explain the reasons behind, no issues there. I have tons of experience as systems admin, systems dev etc etc it is my profession as a living. I always have a very simple rationale behind it and what the bigprofessionger picture could be.

My motto: "Condense the damage before the damage is done"
    Last edited by SAM; 11-26-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Anyway, back on topic, yes perfect appeal thread just posting facts and explaining things kudos @kud. Sorry for the inconvenience.

What? When did I call you nigger my black friend? That's actually really one of the few things I'd almost never say to anyone. Though, context is key, indeed. Also, I think boob is confusing racism with stereotypes as so many people do because I almost never see racism on the server and if it happens once, it's being taken care of.
    Too tired to respond to the rest, especially to mr. innocent. Time to hit the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    Time to hit the bed.
    I'm with you. Don't worry won't tell fleece.

Thread Information