User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question re: weapon switching

In the last two days I have had an issue with weapon switching. Normally, I hit a key set to "Best Weapon" and it would normally bring up rockets, I would roll my mouse back two spots and would get sniper. I know, noobish but FU! now when I hit Best Weapon it goes to the noob machine gun and when I roll back twice with my mouse it goes to rocket cannon, two more times and its back to sniper. Did something change? I didn't change anything on my end that I know of. Help!?

If it's on a server with newnet (the GlobalUnreal mod) there are still some issues with the 0 ping weapon switching. Right now it's a series of ridiculous hacks to get around certain limitations with the engine, and it seems to work perfectly about 95% of the time, but that other 5% can get really annoying. I'll probably need to rewrite the entire weapon switch system, although in v0.8 I might just temporarily revert to the original (laggy) weapon switch until I have time to do the rewrite.
    Last edited by TimTim; 11-26-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by utbusta View Post
    I hit a key set to "Best Weapon" and it would normally bring up rockets, I would roll my mouse back two spots and . Help!?
    instead of using Best Weapon as a "BASE" for your weapon switching, try changing the method that you are using to SELECT weapons. Each direction of your mouse roll can provide you with 2 (or more) SPECIFIC weapon changes. For Example;

MouseWheelDown=GetWeapon sgPulseGun|GetWeapon UT_Eightball

- or -

NumPadPeriod=GetWeapon SiegeInstaGibRifle| Getweapon ApeCannon

GreyPlus=GetWeapon FlameThrower |GetWeapon sgGrenadeLauncher

Use specific keys for specific weapons.

I'm having a problem with weapons as well these days, but this one is with trans, when I nuke and I survive with my trans I hit the bind to get the weapon and it automatically switches to the weapon I had before the trans... basically it doesn't switch the weapon to the translocator

Quote Originally Posted by OuTlaW View Post
    I'm having a problem with weapons as well these days, but this one is with trans, when I nuke and I survive with my trans I hit the bind to get the weapon and it automatically switches to the weapon I had before the trans... basically it doesn't switch the weapon to the translocator
    Siege? If it's siege, it doesn't use newnet so I have no idea.

Get the weapon order just how you like it in the User.ini, then right click on User.ini then click on "properties" then at the bottom under "Attributes" change it to "Read only" then Apply.

This is caused by some custom weapon mods setting their own order in your user.ini, doing what I said above forces the weapon mod to skip trying to change the weapons order, it also stops anything in your User.ini from being changed as it becomes read only with no write access for any mods etc. to add their configs/weapon order, it doesn't change unless you want it to.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 12-05-2013 at 05:44 PM.

i agree, putting inis on read only fixed a lot of issues i used to have in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    i agree, putting inis on read only fixed a lot of issues i used to have in the past
    Would also be prudent to make a backup copy of your newly protected read only user.ini file ... generally... (and not be like some players and make one every year ...or so...)

--- Updated ---

Footnote: I have yet to identify the method by which my PULSE gun ZOOMED during some as yet undetermined weapon switching 'event'..

I just gave up and played as is and getting used to a different rotation of weapons

When you have your final setting make your User.ini under "read only"

I do this for my auto select weapons not modified by server.

Thread Information