User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ROFL! I could imagine... shaking the mouse, shaking the mouse O SNAP I GOT SOME1! lololol....

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Alright, so after even more private messages and more videos from InfraRed, despite all of the evidence of which I believe is a logical indication of cheating and despite everything else said during this debacle, I'm going to go with my gut and remove the ban. I honestly can't imagine someone would go to such great lengths to have their ban lifted, unless they're some kind of insane person who considers their reputation in a 15+ year old video game to be worth all of this time and effort. InfraRed, if you are in fact cheating and you're taking advantage of my kindness to weasel your way out of the ban, there's a special spot in hell for you.

With that said, let me tell a quick story about an incident of my own.

Over 7 years ago, after many, many cheat accusations, I was banned during a match for an Unreal 1v1 tournament because the admins were sure I cheated. All they had to go on was the fact that I was using UT's S3TC textures in Unreal 224, which was supposedly raising flags within the anticheat. I was absolutely infuriated at the time because I obviously knew for a fact that I wasn't cheating, and no matter what I did, I couldn't convince the admins otherwise.

Of course, in InfraRed's case, the repeated sequence "MouseWheelUp -> Fire (and hit) -> MouseWheelDown" is a thousand times more indicative of cheating than some texture mismatch, and it should raise huge red flags for anyone with some amount of knowledge of the engine and the way cheats can be toggled, so by no means do I believe InfraRed is clean. But given the tiny possibility that these logs are some kind of unfortunate anomaly, I would really hate to put someone through the same experience that I had 7 years ago. Plus, I'm a believer in second chances. If another admin believes the ban should stay, that's out of my hands. And from now on, I'll make sure to gather indisputable evidence, even if I'm personally 99% sure.

Thank you for the unban, but I won't accept it. I want to prove that I didn't do what you claim and use a toggle. While it's awful nice of you, I don't personally believe in second chances for cheaters and wouldn't hold myself to any other standard, especially a player that has played the game as long as I have. If I haven't proven more than a 1% chance, I don't need to be unbanned anyways. I'll go to any length to prove I didn't use a cheat, when I know I haven't used one and I don't have any knowledge of how to use one (except in this case, which I've experienced enough to figure it out). The logs don't lie, I didn't come out on top like I thought I would. I would ask you to consider what was sent in my private message to you and put me through another series of tests.. unless you just don't have time to bother with it again this month. I'll just wait till you do and if you don't want to do or someone else knows how to do it I don't need to be unbanned. On any server.

well glad that's over, let's go play video games now :^)

Quote Originally Posted by InfraRed View Post
    Thank you for the unban, but I won't accept it. I want to prove that I didn't do what you claim and use a toggle. While it's awful nice of you, I don't personally believe in second chances for cheaters and wouldn't hold myself to any other standard, especially a player that has played the game as long as I have. If I haven't proven more than a 1% chance, I don't need to be unbanned anyways. I'll go to any length to prove I didn't use a cheat, when I know I haven't used one and I don't have any knowledge of how to use one (except in this case, which I've experienced enough to figure it out). The logs don't lie, I didn't come out on top like I thought I would. I would ask you to consider what was sent in my private message to you and put me through another series of tests.. unless you just don't have time to bother with it again this month. I'll just wait till you do and if you don't want to do or someone else knows how to do it I don't need to be unbanned. On any server.
    Why, what an unlikely response. While it is indeed honorable I think you should consider leaving pride out of this. Tim and you both invested a lot of time in this investigation. Although you had different beliefs about the truth you both wanted to achieve exactly the same goal: LET THE GAME BE A FAIR ONE.

It's time to shake hands and hope for the best.

Thread Information