User Tag List

Xonotic test release

Xonotic just got an unstable release to demonstrate the progress made to the game's two major balance and physics configs. By pressing F7 (balanceSamual) or F8 (balanceFruit) you can load one of the game's two balances and play with them by starting a game in the multiplayer menu. More details on link.

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1750
    Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 04-15-2011 at 03:47 AM.

UPDATE: The version with the missing textures has been depreciated and a new one with everything properly packaged has been uploaded. Also you can cap your frame rate if you have stuttering problems by using the following command in the console: "cl_maxfps (fpsnumber)" without the quotes. Replace "(fpsnumber)" with the amount of frames per second you want it capped at, I typically use "cl_maxfps 46" as I find that to be the absolute lowest it will drop on my machine.

Also, if you want a heads up display your more familiar with, I recommend downloading the following file and taking a look at the README:
    http://ompldr.org/vODl3aA

Also, here's a map your hopefully familiar with:
    http://ompldr.org/vODl3dA
    Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 04-15-2011 at 03:33 AM.

Now's the time to grab this! Balance testing is planned today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Look for MIT and Samual's servers (most likely the ones that are populated). Keep in mind this still isn't representative of what 1.0 will be as there are still major things planned for it such as corrections made to the ammo (introduction of needles which will replace bullets and shotgun shells and the plasma ammo will be split up so that there's an even amount of weapons for each ammo type), the introduction of a lightning gun, and almost all of the weapons getting new models.

Also if you just want to screw around, one of the devs (TZORK) has a vehicle test server up and running, though you'll need to bind a use key to get out of the vehicles. To do that simply open your console and type in:

bind e +use

that will bind use to e, you can replace e with pretty much any key you want.

If you need any performance or visual tweaks (advanced console crap), feel free to ask me.
    Last edited by Lee_Stricklin; 04-29-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Thread Information