hyperx hacking US Combo server - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    Is he exploiting newnet? Because I can't recall that we ever had such an issue with zp
    Yes he is.

back on comboinsta server again....as dw havoc..... if anything I would say illustrating how useless ACE is and how all it does is slow everything down...

--- Updated ---

Whatever the case, the person has actually hacked the server, or it's an inside job, cuz the person knew I was sending admin alerts about him....

--- Updated ---

All the server admins on vacation today or what??

If it is an issue with newnet maybe TimTim can help?

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    These posts are futile, you should all know you're not dealing with your common cheater that wants high scores and stuff like that.
    This guy's trying to prove a point with a most likely homemade tool, he has the skills to do it and will not stop until said point is addressed.
    What's the point? That people can cheat no matter what? It doesn't matter how easy or how hard it is. It doesn't matter. What you consider a design flaw, 99% of players consider the best gameplay. People will cheat. But the difference in this particular case is how obvious it is on newnet servers, which is a good thing, because it should only take a few minutes to code something that instantly and automatically bans the cheater. But guess what happens then? The cheater will find a not so obvious way to cheat, and next thing we know, we have another cheater in our midst who is able to pass as a legitimate player and no one will have a clue. I could enter the Siege pub right now and cheat my ass off for weeks without a single person suspecting it. It's better when the cheating is obvious.

The only thing this cheater is proving is that he's a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    because it should only take a few minutes to code something that instantly and automatically bans the cheater.
    He bypassed the ban like more than 3-5 times already? Until some admin say.

But coding something to automatically ban the cheater... idk about that.

Anyway, time for some random gif.

Notice the minigun?
    Last edited by Chamberly; 06-15-2014 at 08:04 PM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    But coding something to automatically ban the cheater... about that.
    I could code something in a few minutes to detect and automatically ban him, but as I mentioned, all this will do is lead him to find ways to cheat that would be much harder to detect (which is how 99% of current cheaters cheat).

I'll also quickly mention I have other tricks up my sleeve to deal with people like this but I won't go into detail right now.

That's the problem, dude's been doing something obvious for weeks already.
    Completely reminds me of those bots that let you target a single person all game, the only reason a bot is put in that mode is to piss someone off, not to cheat unadvertedly.

This looks more like an attempt to either:
    -1) Piss everyone off
    Angry person with the wrong tools/powers doing what it is expected from them to do.
    Won't stop until stopped or reasoned with.
    -2) Put in evidence something that has to be fixed.
    Some ppl do it by breaking the system, I'd rather employ full or partial disclosure depending on the threat level.
    Such practises have existed since the dawn of internet.
    -3) Depopulate the IGuK servers.
    Wouldn't be the first time it's been attempted, and things don't really cool down.
    When a weakness is removed, patience is had until a new one is found.

So far there's been no change in results after using the same kick-ban approach over and over, the problem itself has to be dealt with in a different way.
    Just imagine what would be of Siege if it still had all of the bugs, Koala's exploits, Dim4's cheat commands or the mechanics abuses.
    What I know is that those are problems both I and all the players have left behind for good, and moderators have not had to police the server as much as before.

PS: If I happened to be on the server the moment something like this went down (very unlikely), I'd kindly ask him what he is trying to achieve.
    Words can be very powerful if used wisely and carefully.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Best solution is not to respawn, he will have no fun lol. He was on a few mins ago
    Best solution would be to ban his entire city from all servers.

Is back on comboinsta server right now as hybridas........sigh.

Well, since the cheater reads these forums, I'll rephrase something I said on IRC.

Innovation is infinitely more useful than exploitation. Really want to prove something? Build something that improves lives.

The fact that someone spends their time being destructive to try to prove a point with a 15+ year old game engine says a lot about their state of mind. What really sucks about these destructive types is that they rarely have anything good to offer the world, at least not yet, because they're not mature or wise enough to know the difference. I realize "some people just want to watch the world burn", but honestly, this isn't a movie. It's time to grow up or get some professional help because mental illness is honestly a strong possibility if the goal in life is to hack an old video game. The first step to a more realistic worldview is realizing that any half competent computer engineer could exploit UT99.

There comes a point where you're proficient enough as an engineer that you can accomplish anything. The key is figuring out what to accomplish, and realizing that just because you can do something or figure something out doesn't mean you should. Our time in life is limited, so spend it wisely.

TL;DR to the cheater: You obviously have skills, but you're wasting your time. Think about it. Imagine if you put your time and energy towards something productive that has the potential to improve thousands (millions? billions?) of lives all around the world, rather than figuring out how to exploit a 15 year old game engine, we would all be in a better place. Doing this to prove some kind of point is plain silly and childish. If more people put their skillset towards being productive, imagine how far along we'd be.

Thread Information