Disappearing SAM???? - Page 11

User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Right. Where do I start?

I've been sick the past week. I have a chest infection and my tank was smaller than usual. I couldn't breathe in the first round because of the drastic change in atmosphere. The heat from the spotlights was intense. I had no issues with the guy coming at me. It was simply that I couldn't breathe due to being sick....but of course, I didn't pull out.

Then, the guy weighed in 2 kilos over weight. I kickboxing rules, that's two divisions. I weighed in on weight, which means all my warming up (1 hour) I would have lost a further 2 kilos. So the guy was roughly 4kilos above me.

Anyhow, odds stacked against me and the knockdown in the first round. I won the remaining two rounds. The scorecards came out as

10-8
    7-10
    7-9

Judges scorecard:
    10+7+7 = 24 (blue corner)
    8+10+9 = 27 (red corner)

But for some reason they gave a draw. It doesn't matter though. This was a good comeback fight for 2016 and a brilliant warm up to my main event for September, should I get a match. I think my come back was quite incredible. That shot and the lack of being able to breathe, really hit me hard and made my world wobble.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I think my come back was quite incredible. That shot and the lack of being able to breathe, really hit me hard and made my world wobble.
    I agree with that completely, you more than held your own mate.

I thought that ref was going to end it after the first shot.(Which we didn't get to see thanks to the ref standing in the way....). Was it a punch or kick that caught you out? Either way mate, to get up after that and hold your own after being dazed was astounding. You could see how you were at breaking point and then just blew up again like you had a rocky thought moment to never give up...lol

Damn good job man, celebrate it as a win.

I recorded it with TS running, we were speechless most of the time apart from the little cheers...lol
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 08-30-2016 at 07:00 PM.

For anyone that didn't watch it, you can still watch it here:

I am on at 1:50:00

I am red corner. The brown guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    I agree with that completely, you more than held your own mate.

I thought that ref was going to end it after the first shot.(Which we didn't get to see thanks to the ref standing in the way....). Was it a punch or kick that caught you out? Either way mate, to get up after that and hold your own after being dazed was astounding. You could see how you were at breaking point and then just blew up again like you had a rocky thought moment to never give up...lol

Damn good job man, celebrate it as a win.
    Thanks man. It was a straight to the face.

The ref was going to stop it, I told the ref I'm fine. He stared me in the eyes and asked again. At which point, I stared into his soul, tapped him on the stomach said "I'm fine" and then ensued the come back.

It is what it is. Now....time to move on to the main even next month.
    Last edited by SAM; 08-27-2016 at 07:48 PM.

sams fight is at 1h and 50 min in the vid.

Keep us posted when it is coming up. That will be live streamed also I assume? (by a better camera guy that doesn't set the camera at the corners hopefully).

Recording including TS

Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 08-27-2016 at 08:08 PM.

FYI for those who are not familiar with kickboxing rules.

In fluke's video, 2:09 when someone says what the heck was that?

I threw an axe kick which landed on his shoulder. He came forwards and threw me off balance - that is against the rules. He also held onto my leg and attacked - against rules and then he threw a spinning elbow....against the rules
    Last edited by SAM; 08-27-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Very nice comeback!! He went all in and got a nice hit first round and energised him a lot.
    To recover and put up the fight after, you did great! very well done!! I enjoyed it much

Thanks. I am pleased everyone enjoyed it and that I was fit enough to put in a performance. If I hadn't sold as many tickets as I did, I would have pulled out, due to being sick.

However, I simply could not let ~30 people down.

It was a fantastic experience. The crowd were brilliant for me. I could not have carried on without them.

Thank you guys for watching and fluke, thanks for recording. The first thing I asked my bro after it was, did anyone record the stream. Without the stream I wouldn't have seen just how brilliant the rest of the fight was. If that was anyone else....I would have given them +10 points for heart.
    Last edited by SAM; 08-27-2016 at 10:31 PM.

wtf :v SAM is famous.
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

Good fight SAM. The guy looked really aggressive in the first round but your comeback in 2nd round was amazing.

Thread Information