User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HYND3R laming

Quote Originally Posted by uenz View Post
    First 2-3 minutes of control justify a ban already imo.
    ^
    Last edited by ~Viper]LtD[~; 09-16-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Viper]LtD[~ View Post
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by d3R View Post
    Please explain why. I just watched the first 5 minutes and the things i think you might consider lame are easily explained (covering, trying to return flag etc).
    ^^
    Last edited by d3R; 09-16-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Last edited by ~Viper]LtD[~; 09-16-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Please explain why. I just watched the first 5 minutes and the things i think you might consider lame are easily explained (covering, trying to return flag etc).
    It takes you ages to pass mid area. When you go through there you try to shoot everything you see. You backshoot. You keep dming mid even though no flag is taken. You camp the enemy team's side entrance. It takes you ages to move to the flag room from there. You shoot ppl in the ass that clearly just wanna leave their base.

The way i defended duku has been normal for atleast 5 years, you can debate if its effective or not but it certainly is not dming.
    Tbh I don't think "defending" Duku in mid is appropriate for a pub. And it's only "normal" in pugs. Why the hell should you be allowed to dm the most open area of the map and call it "defending". That basically nothing else than spawnkilling and dming. Where do you draw the line? Can you also go a bit further and "defend" in front of the enemy base high? I don't think so. It's a public server, not a pug. Too much JYB influence maybe?
    I personally wouldn't allow that if it was my server but I guess one of the head admins should say something about that.
    Back on Tammy servers I would have banned for that tbh.

It takes you ages to pass mid area. When you go through there you try to shoot everything you see. You backshoot. You keep dming mid even though no flag is taken. You camp the enemy team's side entrance. It takes you ages to move to the flag room from there. You shoot ppl in the ass that clearly just wanna leave their base.
    I know i'm not a fast or a good attacker but that is not important. Did you notice it was 4-0 within 4 minutes? Ofcourse i'm slower and try to keep the base more clean when teams are that uneven and ofcourse i try to shut down enemy #1 attacker. The backshoot you probably saw, was on yield (TS): i missed and he grabbed & capped, exactly what i tried to prevent.

Map ended with a 10-4 score: yield (TS) made 5 for blue, he should've made the teams even by switching to red but decided to keep the teams stacked which apparently was more fun for him so he could afterwards create a topic about my (obviously) failed attempts of making the map more enjoyable for red team.

Tbh I don't think "defending" Duku in mid is appropriate for a pub. And it's only "normal" in pugs. Why the hell should you be allowed to dm the most open area of the map and call it "defending". That basically nothing else than spawnkilling and dming.
    The purpose is to prevent enemies from entering your base, so yes it is defending.

Where do you draw the line? Can you also go a bit further and "defend" in front of the enemy base high? I don't think so. It's a public server, not a pug.
    If you go a bit further you're in enemy base, if you stay there and keep shooting people you are dming.

Too much JYB influence maybe?
    No? People have been defending like that for a long time, i remember HUMPTY breaking 200 frags with that defense style back around 2005 orso.

I personally wouldn't allow that if it was my server but I guess one of the head admins should say something about that.
    If the admins make a rule "don't defend on duku mid high/low in your base" i would follow that, it's their server.

Back on Tammy servers I would have banned for that tbh.
    Funny, when Tammy was still playing you'd get banned for defending on most public servers. She made a public server because she wanted to be able to defend. I'm fairly sure she would've removed your ban. Defending behind the base on caves on the other hand.....lol

I come to play ig time to time with diff names and there's a lot of ppl who stay in mid as "Defending" then they play all innocent when they get called out. Im no admin/mod of those servers but I can call the laming

Also saying "im slower when it comes to attack" and stuff like this is full of bs. If you take like 10-15 secs on mid you're probably dming lol, doesnt even take 5 seconds to pass duku's mid, specially with the bouncers

I know i'm not a fast or a good attacker but that is not important. Did you notice it was 4-0 within 4 minutes? Ofcourse i'm slower and try to keep the base more clean when teams are that uneven and ofcourse i try to shut down enemy #1 attacker. The backshoot you probably saw, was on yield (TS): i missed and he grabbed & capped, exactly what i tried to prevent.
    So when the enemy team is winning, you shoot their #1 runner in the back to prevent him from capping more? Wouldn't that result in the runner spawning in his base and stopping you and your teammates from grabbing/capping?
    Last edited by ~Viper]LtD[~; 09-16-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Viper]LtD[~ View Post
    So when the enemy team is winning, you shoot their #1 runner in the back to prevent him from capping more? Wouldn't that result in the runner spawning in his base and stopping you and your teammates from grabbing/capping?
    Maybe, but he already proved if he enters the base he can and will grab & cap.

Disruptive play is a completely valid stalemating tactic, typically employed in most disciplines against a superior team.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

But what if that "disruptive play" is against the server rules?

Thread Information