User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Elite players changing names slightly to fuck the balancer

There are some mods who politely ask that good players keep their names the same so that the balancer remembers their cookies. No set in stone laws were made to ban the practice but it has been frowned on for the same reason that !S !T !P is frowned upon. So I was a bit disappointed to play a game involving 'Convit', 'Chisseeler', 'crushcrawfish' (AKA TURTLEBOOSKA), and 'PATTIC_NOOB' (AKA ADRIAN). Fleecey also plays under an alias too now. Politely asking people not to alias doesn't work because they will just change their name and stack the game anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot0158.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	313.5 KB 
ID:	1980
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot0157.jpg  

Chis, Convict and Higor's (not Adrian lol) names were edited in the mid of the match, not at the beginning, so the cookie system wasnt affected by it

Point is, the client was the same and recognizes it that way
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    There are some mods who politely ask that good players keep their names the same so that the balancer remembers their cookies. No set in stone laws were made to ban the practice but it has been frowned on for the same reason that !S !T !P is frowned upon. So I was a bit disappointed to play a game involving 'Convit', 'Chisseeler', 'crushcrawfish' (AKA TURTLEBOOSKA), and 'PATTIC_NOOB' (AKA ADRIAN). Fleecey also plays under an alias too now. Politely asking people not to alias doesn't work because they will just change their name and stack the game anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot0158.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	313.5 KB 
ID:	1980
    I normally play with different name cuz I playing under another server with that name, and also to get a way from all the PM's people sending me and bitching. Yes I am aware some players know who I am but some don't and I can play peacefully.

It's funny how you bitch about this, but when you camp, it's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Moskva View Post
    Chis, Convict and Higor's (not Adrian lol) names were edited in the mid of the match, not at the beginning, so the cookie system wasnt affected by it

Point is, the client was the same and recognizes it that way
    I noticed that Chis' name changed halfway through, not sure why this was done. So why does everyone have a thing for changing their names? And how can you tell when name changes help a player drop cookies?

I had changed my name mid game to make fun of 3xpand3r's remarkable english (balancer doesn't do shit at this stage).
    Also, mistaken with adrian lel.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I almost never play under a different nick unless 90% of you people but if I want I can do whatever I like with my nick. It's everyone's own decision to be a little wimp and bypass the cookie system so stop being so hysterical.
    Oh and by the way, it wasn't me or convict who changed our names.

Have one mate

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    I normally play with different name cuz I playing under another server with that name, and also to get a way from all the PM's people sending me and bitching. Yes I am aware some players know who I am but some don't and I can play peacefully.

It's funny how you bitch about this, but when you camp, it's alright.
    That doesn't count as camping, me and you were both trying to boost our teams across the map on SpSv (or something), and sniper fire was going both ways. If you have a problem with my conduct demo it and post it, that's not a fair accusation and you know it

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    I had changed my name mid game to make fun of 3xpand3r's remarkable english (balancer doesn't do shit at this stage).
    Also, mistaken with adrian lel.
    Haha I thought it was the argentine flag, but he's Brazilian anyway right? Nevermind, take it as a compliment

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    I almost never play under a different nick unless 90% of you people but if I want I can do whatever I like with my nick. It's everyone's own decision to be a little wimp and bypass the cookie system so stop being so hysterical.
    Oh and by the way, it wasn't me or convict who changed our names.

Have one mate
    The balancer is now optional? So why do you still dish out bans for !S!T!P then?

The balancer is now optional? So why do you still dish out bans for !S!T!P then?
    When did we ever ban someone for not playing with their own nick? Can you point me to the rule because I seem to have missed it.

That's because you don't enjoy the game as much as we do being on teamspeak. lol

And how can you tell when name changes help a player drop cookies?
    Because the name was changed with nexgen, so essentially (to the balancer) they're acknowledged the same way as the beginning, It's not like their stats magically disappear and create new ones for players with different names
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Thread Information