1shot1kill removing super container - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My only two cents here is that to some if it is obviously a bad build and needs to be removed and you either mention it to the person who built it or ask/tell them to remove it. It is often followed by numerous comments about why its not leech and why he won't remove it because of it being the "best" way to build the base. This has happened time and time again in particular with 1S1K (but not just him). He will defend his builds to no end and I have yet to see him understand or learn from more experience players (not that he is always wrong) just from what I have witnessed. At that point, who is to say what can and should be done? I guess that is when it should be brought to the forum for moderation.

I disagree on building a leech in the water tunnel to prevent access to the core, the amount of RU you get sometimes only helps the opposite team build numerous nukes and your base will get shit on nuke after nuke until you lose lol I know every map/instance is different. However, I do agree with Chisellers' post above.

Do what you want, I did my paper to report wrong thing.

When I removed HIS container, he gave me a shot and went directly to my SC to remove. I doubt it was by mistake. I cannot proof that but it is clear that after I removed his container, my SC was removed then immediately. Any smart person knows how to interpret what happened. About removing without asking... I just take higor's words as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    I removed the ban unless someone can provide evidence that he removed it on purpose.
    Also, ask before removing someone's container unless it's really really really really bad and that wasn't the case here.
    However, a building course wouldn't hurt you, 1Shot1Kill!
    Thank you. I know you guys do not know me from Adam. But one thing I do not do is lie. And although it may look on the surface like I removed the SC out of spite, it really was a case of me idiotically removing it thinking it was a regular container built by Anthrax. I am sure others have done the same. I even mess up my own builds because I removed something I built but when I went to upgrade something, forgetting to change to "Upgrade" and removed it instead. Shit happens.

As to my taking building courses, are there scholarships out there to help me pay for those courses? I know that members and other disagree with my defense builds, and I understand why. But the results I get speak for themselves.
    There is a definite trade off between building too much and not enough. On the one hand you give them more RU with nuke attacks, but on the other you keep them out and create a situation where it takes a lot of nukes, and thus a lot of RU to destroy a well made defense.
    I cannot count how many times a team I was on got focused on one area of entry,hitting it repeatedly while leaving two other entry points under-defended resulting in a short game. That is what a good assault plan counts on... we cannot be in all places at all times. And you either build up a terrain dictated defense to deny entry, or you waste RU repairing the core and rebuilding shoddy defenses over and over again.
    The time my defensive builds buy allows the assault team to attack and hopefully win. Obviously if the assault team on a side is weak, all the great defense in the World will be in vain. Lately I noticed that when I lose it is because the other team stacks nukes and just hammers the door. Nothing can prevent or hold that back except a good offense. Eventually, under enough pounding, no defensive build will hold forever.
    IMHO.

As an example, I place a few containers and platform over the tunnel in BlueVember to keep the other team from piston jumping into our base and to keep nukes out. I also make mines and a minishield. But in some games I get so-called experienced players removing my platforms saying it is extra leech. Hardly. It is 200 RU to make a platform, I can make them faster than they can nuke them out. It is a cheap and effective way to keep the players and nukes out. Deeper into the base I put a SC and FF to keep those double nukes out. It is defense in depth and works great. But there are those that disagree, despite the results. All they see is the RU give-away never noting the objective of keeping the enemy away from the core.
    It is a give and take deal based on tactics and terrain. Always has been. 30 years in the service taught me that.

Good night.
    Last edited by 1Shot1Kill; 10-20-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by utbusta View Post
    My only two cents here is that to some if it is obviously a bad build and needs to be removed and you either mention it to the person who built it or ask/tell them to remove it. It is often followed by numerous comments about why its not leech and why he won't remove it because of it being the "best" way to build the base. This has happened time and time again in particular with 1S1K (but not just him). He will defend his builds to no end and I have yet to see him understand or learn from more experience players (not that he is always wrong) just from what I have witnessed. At that point, who is to say what can and should be done? I guess that is when it should be brought to the forum for moderation.

I disagree on building a leech in the water tunnel to prevent access to the core, the amount of RU you get sometimes only helps the opposite team build numerous nukes and your base will get shit on nuke after nuke until you lose lol I know every map/instance is different. However, I do agree with Chisellers' post above.
    True, I do not always agree with the other more "experienced" players. OTOH, I have learned a lot from those same players and heeded much of their advice.
    The alternative to not building a mini-shield, platform, or SM in the water tunnel is a porous entrance that will allow the other team to gain access to the core. Building a SC in the base on ground level next to and outside the vertical tunnel and a minishield and patform in the water along with a SP above seems to work great. Not sure why you would be against that.
    That is for the short tunnel with no horizontal component. The other map that has a long horizontal tunnel is different. That one is better served putting a SC near the bottom inside the water with a mini-shield and SP in front of it so that as they come into the tunnel they are getting hit by the SP which shortens their under water time. Yes, they can nuke that, but it is not a direct hit on the SC and it would take a lot of nukes to completely destroy the build. But why come down a long water tunnel getting hit by a SP, when it would be easier and take less nukes to go the way of the ramp in the main entrance, or XLoc into the basement and come that way?
    Again, if the offense is any good at all, they won't have the time to get past the mines, shields, and SC in the water. And the rest can defend the main entrance making it less likely they can get in that way. That is if the players are any good at all. A pet pieve of mine is when team mates fail to check out all entrances. It is why I hate Teleporters. People use the teleporter and completely ignore what is going on in their own base!
    I have seen the other way, and it makes for a short game.
    IMHO
    Last edited by 1Shot1Kill; 10-20-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Anthrax View Post
    Any smart person knows how to interpret what happened.
    Any smart person knows we don't ban ppl based on a single person's testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    Lately I noticed that when I lose it is because the other team stacks nukes and just hammers the door. Nothing can prevent or hold that back except a good offense. Eventually, under enough pounding, no defensive build will hold forever.
    And guess how they get all those nukes? The more nukes the more likely people will chain nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    As an example, I place a few containers and platform over the tunnel in BlueVember to keep the other team from piston jumping into our base and to keep nukes out.
    Platform is fine. "A few containers", however, not.
    You are giving away too much unnecessary RU with those containers, I experienced it firsthand - many times. If anything, make one container max next to the tunnel in order to prevent nuke hits.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    I dont know why someone banned him, I was merely looking for an explanation and to hear both sides of the story before making any judgements, being an ass and constantly whining that we dont do anything wont get you anywhere when you make reports is just dumb, either we didnt really see anything wrong or we gave someone the benefit of the doubt.

Lastly I would like to add the screen name for a container and super container is clearly marked ON YOUR SCREEN.

Glad this got resolved with a bit of TALKING/TYPING

@Chamberly and I had to remove at least 35 buildings in a BathroomsUltimate game because they were really killing our team which was already at a general skill disadvantage, (excepting for Joaquin on our team killing enemy nukes giving enough space and time for others to spend their RU in nukes instead of leeches).
    I also had to kick Uchiha out of that game for retaliating after I removed 3 of his horribly placed containers, funny enough one would expect a player of his caliber to not act like a kid and understand proper container making.
    (The other noobs did cooperate and got us a hard worked win 5 mintes before reaching OT).

It was a deja vu from last year all over.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

This discussion it's over for me, I'll do not say anything more.

I showed my side, and nothing was resolved.

see you around guys

Ramppppageeee removing!!!!!!!!!!

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information