User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I a Lamer?

Angry Am I a Lamer?

** NO Idea if this is where I should post this **

Today while playing on the Combogib server, I was apparently accused of being a lamer. Now normally I would just shrug off false accusations, like "Hacks" because they are just complimenting my aim, but this kinda disturbed me because I honestly didn't think I was doing anything wrong. Bothered me so much that I stopped playing and came here and made a new account just to make this post.

It was a VERY uneven match (When is it ever even?) on CTF - ComboKing with 6 or so other people on the server. The score was 12 - 0 when I left so there was NO reason for me to go after the flag other than to further humiliate the other team. So I was playing nonchalantly, just fragging people while I'm out in the open outside the base and getting revenge on the people who can only kill with shock combos. When suddenly the rules page popped up. I was like wtf? Hit esc quickly and went back to playing. Then after a few minutes another window with the check if you have read ( I still didn't read ) but I found why it was happening. Jst2blond was apparently unpleased with my playing style saying " This is CTF don't DM " or something along those lines even threatening with a ban if I continued to do so. I just left before I said anything I would regret.

But why did it even get to that level? Like I said , I don't think I was doing anything wrong. Just because I wasn't playing competitively (which I rarely do) could warrant a ban? I don't think so, just like I don't think because someone spend forever on a server, they should get moderation powers. That's just my opinion and now I need yours. Was I really being a "lamer" in this instance?

Protip, if a rules window shows up on your UT, shit's about to get real.
    Don't esc it out expecting nothing to happen.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

No matter the score, just continue to go for flag.

yes your are - one of the worst kind

The replies here so far is enough to give you a hint ^ lol. If that is not enough, look in the ban complaint section for familiar situation such as your's.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

I assume it, i never call you lamer, and even if you were on my team, i am fair enough andi ve just ask you stop dming and play CTF . You ask me if i will kick you for that, i answer no kick but ban for some matches . When you see a VERY uneven match, and if you think you can help the other team, maybe just switch to other team or ask for it if mod/admin available around . I use to switch team if it s very uneven, i am not here to score but for having fun and sometimes (most of the time) balancer is fucked up . Anyway, you haven t left party before saying bad words, i must say you leave it before i ban you cause you don t change your behaviour . I am enough smart to simply show you rules then warn but it seems you doesn t care about advices .
    I am not here to begin a war, you "know" me and others and I "know" you so . Stop raging and post useless thread that it turns against you .
    Keep having fun
    Screenshot added 4 caps 0 Grabs : GG
    Demo added but i am pretty sure it is useless considering at screenies

Cheers
    Jst2b your beloved and remember you aren t ban for the moment .Every others mod/admin will ban you directly without any warn

DEMO

CTF-Combo_King-2014-10-22-23-42-25

SCREENSHOTS

Last edited by Jst2blond; 10-23-2014 at 05:15 AM.
    Blond's copyrighted

Hrm, not the response I expected but appreciated nonetheless. But then again, posting here some of the responses should of been quite predictable...

As I said, I rarely play competitively so going after the flag when the score is no where close is pointless. In any game this is how I play, not just CTF. Switching teams would be just as pointless with so little time left so I was just basically waiting for the mapvote. I'm not one of those pompous players that go in the server score 10 caps while the other team only has one the mutter "GG" at the end. I guess this game doesn't have any modest players left.

And besides the point what is CTF? Every time I've play this gametype there has ALWAYS been three parts, Offense - The guys who always are in the other base Reconnaissance/Scouting or whatever - People who spend most of their time in the middle of the field and Defense - people who stay at their own base. Since I don't hover over our own flag ( since that's called camping now ) and apparently don't go after the flag what do you think I do? But that's just my interpretation of it. Some people think that grappling to the flag and then running back is the only way to play CTF and call everyone else noobs who don't. In that case why not just remove combogib and rename the server GRAPPLE and make the grapple 1 hit kill people.

Anyways I doubt I'll be playing on the server anymore since playing moderately is frowned upon. There's a good reason why I tried to avoid all uk servers in general. Thought this was an exception tho. I just came here to get others opinion since they don't have the balls to say something until they have moderator status. Oh and a side note, if you follow the rules so closely what ever happened to the "No spawnkill" or the "No standing in one spot and combo spam"? I've seen plenty of this.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    playing moderately isnt frowned upon, but going out your way to play lame or hinder your team is, I hope that clears things up. Theres gonna be spawnkills and one or two standing in one spot combos but only in the cases of covering a flag carrier.

If you don't play offense in a pub you're a shitter, worse than being a lamer if you ask me. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    If you don't play offense in a pub you're a shitter, worse than being a lamer if you ask me. :^)
    you're nothing but a trashcan m8
    Never Lucky.

Thread Information