User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    UT-Sniper-SJA94

I try but nothing cant see why comes the packet loss

|uK|B|aZe//.

Nothing pl today only 1 or 2% few times in a hour for 2-3 seconds thats nothing serius

I dont rly play on other servers i play on the uK BT server too sometimes and i never lag there

I wait what happen in the next weeks and if its still pl i will change the modem maybe thats the problem but im not sure

@Midget the lag is affecting everyone on the server, looks like either a node near the server or a ddos attack.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    LOL. Just because you can't connect to fragnet don't mean it's their fault if the high ping is happening in between you and the server, it's some other internet that suppose to work your route... network 101.

Fragnet is a beast. Suck it down.
    I just did some research on FragNet. They have been around only 4 years and there are several complaints about constant DDOS on routers and throttling. They don't even provide information on their backbones at the locations. I also bet they don't own one single data center.. all rack colocation. This is a gaming provider.. not a professional data center.. you get what you pay for. But what do I know.. being a BCS and incorporated in business since 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    I just did some research on FragNet. They have been around only 4 years and there are several complaints about constant DDOS on routers and throttling. They don't even provide information on their backbones at the locations. I also bet they don't own one single data center.. all rack colocation. This is a gaming provider.. not a professional data center.. you get what you pay for. But what do I know.. being a BCS and incorporated in business since 1997.
    And they deal with it. Sometime it's not exactly affecting them but when it affect a certain location, we do get notification and such but meh I haven't have much problem. If I'd pick another host, I'll go with NFOServers. Anything else is useless to mention. :P

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    were actually with nfo and fragnet

we were also with superb with all our servers on a dedicated server for just ourselves - this was very expensive and high maintenance.

fragnet is and has been very good to and for us in terms of hosting since our first ever host which was one of the best ones we've had.

we've had several hosts over the years and fragnet comes closest to the hosts we had the first time round, which is why we are still with them

Fragnet won't bitch at you for adding native mods, Cham never got a problem with FerBotz and XC_Engine
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

The box is actually in virginia. Not Chicago. And it looks like routing issues for you @ stormy look at hop

3 83 ms 228 ms 231 ms

There's your issue. You're jumping from 84 all the way to 228 and 231

I'd suggest you contact your ISP or run an MTR so we can check further.

There's no point blaming gsp with ISP is the issue and without running diagnostic what is the host supposed to do exactly??

Thread Information