halp fps

User Tag List

Thread: halp fps

halp fps

Hi Hi

I have a question :c

My computer is really bad, really bad... -.- and i a need secrets for my fps, for example... if I'm playing and in TS, fps going down... the same with mayak (map)... that is unplayed for me.

My pc is a AMD Athlon (tm) II X" 215 processor 2.70 Ghz. 4.00 gb ram. Video: Geforce 6150Se nForce430.

I play with Open Gl and everything in minimun. Plz help (sorry for my neanderthal english :c )

Disney Demi :c

Oh... Hi D-Demi!

Um, have you tried the core fix? Can be downloaded here.
    Dual_Core_Fix - Downloads - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99 clan & Server Discussion

Give it a try.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Yes can anyone provide a solution to the mayak map. That wall gives me so much frame drops i feel like smashing my cpu ;__;

That map looks like fun, but my pc can't even go over 30 fps with no players in sight, 15-20fps with players in view...

If you haven't already, disable dynamic lighting, gibs, and decals, to see if it makes any difference for you.

Make a save and try the warconfig http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/u...=WarConfig.rar

Launch UT with LauncherUT99HighPriority http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/u...ghPriority.bat
    If your UT is not at C:\UnrealTournament rename it .txt and edit the place.
    Original is this:
    Code:
    cd /d "C:\UnrealTournament\System\"
    start /high UnrealTournament.exe

pause
    support here Unreal Tournament 99 - Afficher le sujet - ***Tuto*** Lancer UnrealTournament en haute priorité

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    lol disable a lot of stuff in your ini then

Quote Originally Posted by Chazy®! View Post
    Geforce 6150Se nForce430.

That chipset was already trash the moment nVidia decided to release it, no idea what the hell they were thinking.
    And no idea why sellers still shipping that piece of shit.

Take my advice, either get a proper video card, or replace the motherboard with something that has AMD integrated video instead.

--- Updated ---

In the meantime, take advantage of the huge disparity of power between the video and your CPU and switch to Software renderer:
    Code:
    [SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice]
    Translucency=True
    VolumetricLighting=False
    ShinySurfaces=False
    ;false because Clarion will be unplayable otherwise
    Coronas=False
    HighDetailActors=True
    ;makes your HUD transparent
    HighResTextureSmooth=True
    LowResTextureSmooth=False
    FastTranslucency=False
    ;enable if mayak starts lagging, windows will look like the 1990's tho lol
    DetailBias=0.000000
    DetailTextures=False
    DescFlags=0
    Description=
    If your UT won't go above 10 fps in software mode, change from fullscreen to windowed (make it occupy all the screen lol).
    For some reason in some XP/Vista versions the software renderer runs 10 times faster in windowed mode.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

This is pretty much what I suggested: that the issue was due to not having a good enough graphics chipset. Demi, try going into your BIOS and seeing if you can give the integrated graphics more memory. You just have to get into the BIOS as soon as your computer starts up and then look around the menus to find the graphics option(s). We/I can help you with that for sure. There is a chance you may not be able to change the memory though but it can't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooooo View Post
    try going into your BIOS and seeing if you can give the integrated graphics more memory.
    And wasting more precious RAM?
    That chipset is T R A S H, no gain at all.
    Stick with my suggestion, if you happen to land on Clarion or BlackRiver2A, disconnect and change brightness to something like 3 or 4.
    If you land on BlackRiver ultimate or Face, disconnect, change brightness to 8 or 9 and reconnect (F11 key).

It's less visually attractive yeah, but it's damn worth the FPS gain and you might get to aim better with some weapons.
    During the month I played Software due to a broken PSU not giving the video card not enough power, I found it easier to play with shock rifle for some reason.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    And wasting more precious RAM?
    He has 4GB of RAM, I doubt he is using even close to that for his use. Might as well give the video card extra memory that it can definitely use. I believe it was set at 64MB only but I could be wrong, so increasing it to 128MB or more would great. Your suggestion may also work but giving it more RAM is certainly something I wouldn't throw out that easily. Just my opinion, of course, without actually being there to test there is no way for me to say for sure what will work or what won't.

Thread Information