User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: newnet problems

newnet problems

the new version of newnet has the old bug of the rockets not registering big friend tim tim

Just an Off topic question, do you know at ID*Scorpion ? is he a real ID member ?
    Blond's copyrighted

@snakeware I haven't touched any of the weapons in a long time, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

maybe restore old version, or at least try new one untill you feel the bug, maybe something you coded or uncoded makes that bug

The only thing I did was increase the sensitivity for kicking warping players. There's no way it affected weapons or hit registration.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    The only thing I did was increase the sensitivity for kicking warping players. There's no way it affected weapons or hit registration.
    I've been kicked 5 times today for no reason... Other players have been complaining about it as well.

I may have made it too sensitive for the common connection. However I did test it extensively to find what I thought was pretty lenient. I was able to play with 300-350 ping and ~3% packet loss without being kicked. I also added a setting to adjust the sensitivity so maybe I'll play around with that a bit, even though I shouldn't have to because it's already pretty lenient.

The only explanations I can think of:

1) It might happen more often on close-quarter maps where players are constantly bumping into each other, which can cause discrepancies.
    2) Quite a few players need to fix their UT to run at the proper speed. It was way too lenient before, as you noticed players warping constantly without being kicked. Players were also able to unknowingly speedhack before without being kicked.

I've just sat in spec on an andaction map, 7 players got kicked at some point, only 1 with an unstable ping.

If there's one thing I learned from LCWeapons, is that replication loves doing weird shit.
    Another thing I learned, is that security thresholds will ALWAYS need to be raised from the initial projections made by the modder, servers with more than 4 players will begin to completely fuck up these thresholds, invalidating any results made on test sessions.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I increased the warp limit from 30 to 70 immediately after my last post, so I guess we'll just have to see how things go from there. The algorithm is pretty simple: If the server disagrees with the player's position too much, it will increase the warp count by 1 plus however much packet loss the player has at that moment divided by 2. Every 4 seconds the warp count will decrease by 1 if it's greater than 0. And of course if the count exceeds the limit, the player is kicked.

Thread Information