newnet problems - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: newnet problems

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    It has only happened once to me today though, but I kept seeing players reconnecting on andaction maps.
    Must be my first hypothesis then:
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    It might happen more often on close-quarter maps where players are constantly bumping into each other, which can cause discrepancies.
    Should be easy enough to add a quick fix for this scenario. Although I played Andaction since increasing the sensitivity and don't recall other players disconnecting, but I probably just wasn't paying attention. I'm pretty good at avoiding bumping into other players, which might explain why I never get kicked... except for when I'm trying to run the flag as fast as possible, then it seems like other players are constantly in my way or boosting me backwards haha.

oh yeah jst2blnd, he is an id member

Quote Originally Posted by snakeware View Post
    oh yeah jst2blnd, he is an id member
    do you allow your members being in multiple clan ? clan hopping ?Seriously, how can he handle it and be recruited into so many clan in 1 or 2 months ?

ID*ScorpioN. 2015-02-10
    <|UTS|>Jenni_Londres 2015-02-01
    sas*sseNz 2015-01-27
    Z*Awesome 2015-01-13
    =oZ`D4NO= 2015-01-11
    ~ID*Rax· 2015-01-26
    saggiasant*san 2015-01-13
    -=Rp*ScorpioN. 2015-01-02
    sas*Leyenda 2015-01-01
    ||sT||$corpioN.// 2014-12-30
    [KRU]Jenni_Londres 2014-12-22
    Z*Awesome 2015-01-13
    (V)yster_Mini 2014-11-23
    Last edited by Jst2blond; 02-13-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    Blond's copyrighted

2 things to mention:
    1) I havbe also the problem with the "kicked because of warping". Curious, it's always starts kicking me @ the middle/end of the matches. Not in beginning.

2) I have about 50.000 entries in "UT.log" like this:
    ScriptWarning: PureHUDHelper None (Function NewNetUnrealv0_9_13.PureHUDHelper.xxDrawXHair:005A ) Accessed None

I get them in ~4min speccing a game. Maybe there's a way to minimize this?!

I just added a couple of extra checks which should fix the issue of bumping into players counting as warps. It will also now only count a warp if the player is in the PlayerWalking state. Hopefully this will be enough to prevent false positives while still kicking players who are actually warping.

I'll put new build on servers in a few, after I finish a couple of other things.

Also, for those of you who prefer the dynamic hitsound, just type "myhitsounds" in console instead of editing your config. This has existed for a really long time but not everyone knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by voidee View Post
    2 things to mention:
    1) I havbe also the problem with the "kicked because of warping". Curious, it's always starts kicking me @ the middle/end of the matches. Not in beginning.
    There's a counter and you're only kicked when your number of warps exceeds some threshold. The counter increases faster if you have packet loss, though packet loss isn't required to trigger a warp count increment. Chances are you're warping every few seconds which accumulates over time. The counter decrements by 1 every 4 seconds, however.

Quote Originally Posted by voidee View Post
    2) I have about 50.000 entries in "UT.log" like this:
    ScriptWarning: PureHUDHelper None (Function NewNetUnrealv0_9_13.PureHUDHelper.xxDrawXHair:005A ) Accessed None

I get them in ~4min speccing a game. Maybe there's a way to minimize this?!
    Are you using anything that might interfere with your HUD? In either case, I just added some checks for "None" to this particular function. I've actually never before touched this function or anything surrounding it, so if you aren't using any HUD mutators, the ScriptWarning must be due to UTPure.
    Last edited by TimTim; 02-17-2015 at 06:57 AM.

I just added a couple of extra checks which should fix the issue of bumping into players counting as warps. It will also now only count a warp if the player is in the PlayerWalking state. Hopefully this will be enough to prevent false positives while still kicking players who are actually warping.
    Hope it works, I got kicked so many times yesterday,because I turned dodges off I'm in contact with other players for a longer time.

I got kicked at the end of 3 games yesterday when it switched to "<team> has won the match!", 3 times when I got pined into a corner by another player(this would be the best way to recreate a kick if you wanted to), and once walking up a ramp touching a player.

Also, for those of you who prefer the dynamic hitsound, just type "myhitsounds" in console instead of editing your config. This has existed for a really long time but not everyone knows about it.
    It would be really cool for insta if we could have a different tune for multi kills, like the sound 5 damage makes for a single kills,15 for double... and so on, a bit like the stingers on UT3.

@TimTim
    No I have no change of the original HUD (not that I would know any change). I use regular HUD with regular crosshair. Any idea how I can figure it out?

Yo does anyone know how to prevent ACE from kicking me and making toggling highperf ON and OFF all the time?? It's got really annoying..
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

@~~D4RR3N~~ You should be fine now.

I just checked server logs and there hasn't been a single kick since I put the new build on early this morning. Now I guess the question is... will laggy/warping/speedhacking players still be kicked?

@TimTim
    For me no further kick. But i avoided Shelter

Thread Information