Its about time I finished a map - Page 8

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I don't think it ever got upped. It was corrupt?

nah, there were just some weird artifacts in the map, thanks to chamberly for working around them. I'll have to think about how I want to fix it, and like she suggested it'd probably entail recreating the map. its up there now and I played it a couple times...but there was a small amount of people each time I played it, I had wanted to get an idea of how it was 4v4, 6v6, to see if it played ok. I think I made everything too tall and vertical, in a sense, and I dont like the bottom teleporter going straight up top, it makes it too easy to run down bottom and dive off the top to try and cap it. I had the intention to make the design as such to not allow for idiot shortcuts like that (the bottom>top redeemer shortcut in woot comes to mind there) but some of that stuff wasnt too readily apparent until I was playing it a bit more.

can you like...randomize teleporters and send them to a handful of locations randomly chosen? or would that entail putting that handful on top of each other, and whichever one you happen to collide with is where it sends you...

and I understand chamberly kinda had to use teleporters on the bases, given that weird artifact was preventing lifts from working right...but I would really rather have lifts there instead of teleporters. I dunno, maybe I'll screw with redoing it from scratch if I can find some time, I've got a microphone to build.

The elevator was so weird, I kept rebuilding often to get it to work and had no luck still lol just some glorious bsp errors on me unless some other people can just press "rebuild" on the map and get it with no bsp errors like you?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Ultimately, that single thing is the one thing that makes the map non repairable. It was made in the original unpatched version of UT, was edited with just about every different patch of UT...used to contain these wacky warp zones in an X pattern, was very cool as a DM but the warp zone weirdness made online play utterly impossible, too many mirrored calculations. But LAN was great with it. Eventually I gave up with those and made the lifts, CTF was an afterthought - in a years long lull of play I got into combogib ctf when I got back to playing. (I feel retarded even with this months long break I took!)

But yeah, I really appreciate the efforts, but the map cant be fixed and have it properly playable, even to try and add flag rooms onto it, you would still encounter that completely unseen block on that one side that you cant get rid of. No objects for it exist, nothin'.

I'll perhaps recreate it eventually, but whenever that is that I get around to such things. eat sleep work studio bands.

Hey Chamberly, you still got the double version of this? If so could you toss it up there in place of the single version?

I never did made the double version because my unreal editor keep crashing on me. It might work for someone else tho like Timtim or whoever.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

hm, ok.... thought I had sent one in the zips. I have one, although the transition between the two could use some improvement. I'll work it out and pop it up here in a day or three

Looks good m8!

so while my net was down the other day, I started on a BT version of this. we'll see if my mapping skills can reflect what's in my head or not, hahaha

I'll upload a copy in 3 years when its playable, lol
    “I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary

"‘if the American people knew what we had done, they would hang us all from lamp posts’."
    -George H. W. Bush Sr. (Scherff)

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.”

Thread Information