NewNet NormalWeapons bugs, problems, opinions

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

NewNet NormalWeapons bugs, problems, opinions

Hi all, and the biggest hi for creator of NN - @TimTim - big respect and thanks for doing this stuff ( but... its still buggy :F ).
    I would like to share here about the bugs, problems, reports and what should not have a place in game playing with newnet. It will only be associated with the normal weapons aswell, maybe that stuff will help to remove bugs, if still you're interested and you had time to fix it.
    I'll skip the one thing that still I can not understand, namely why you so interfered with the weapons in their damage. What is the reason you wanted to change the values, which for so many years were outright perfect. (Until PureStats showed up, that killed the natural ecosystem of the game and the game became sterile, and purestats killed ecosystem in this way, with two weapons: minigun and pulsegun have become useless).
    Would not it be easier to do first or only clear newnet into all weapons? and then make, a few cosmetic changes like changed damages, etc? I was only referring to so ask of what is going right now. Which is now the best, is that you shared your settings, which restore the fundamental values of the weapons like damages, refirerate in sniperrifle, etc.
    Here are mine and three other players observations (We are trying to find the best version into all weapons but some bugs neeed to be fixed):

NN 9.6 - kicking for fastweaponfire, ACE toggling highperf ON and OFF all the time, set it bDisableAutoKicks=True - its doesnt help.
    Two weapons:
    - UT_biorifle when you hold long time primary fire will kick you(why?), UT_biorifle is usless when you hit somebody it not register that hit both secondary and primary, ST_UT_Biogel, ST_UT_Biosplash, ST_UT_Bioglob - they did not explode, you can run on them and nothing happens (it miracle when youk kill somebody with biorifle).
    - UT_flakcannon when you fast shoot once primary fire and next secondaryfire few times will kick you.
    - UT_flakcannon its like a new weapon I need to learn how to aim again, realy? (ST_UTChunk,ST_UTChunk1,ST_UTChunk2,ST_UTChunk3,ST _UTChunk4 - do not work correctly on medium and long distances/range, work correctly only in very, very close disntace/range, even only when I go into/penetrates someone work properly then. Also ST_FlakSlug - the ball landed on my face few times and nothing happen and when the flakball explodes under their feet, sometimes nothing happens.
    Weapon throwing up:
    - when you throwing up weapon and your teammate picking up, can not shoot this weapon, weapon is useless (as if the weapon has not in itself function what is responsible for the shooting functions, etc..)

NN 9.14 - not kicking for fastweaponfire, ACE toggling highperf ON and OFF all the time, set it bDisableAutoKicks=True - it help but is messaging some warnings stuffs(how to turn off?),
    Two weapons:
    - UT_biorifle when you hold long time primary fire will warning you of your weapon fire speed (how to turn of that?), UT_biorifle is usless when you hit somebody it not register that hit both secondary and primary, ST_UT_Biogel, ST_UT_Biosplash, ST_UT_Bioglob - they did not explode sometimes, you can run on them and nothing happens (is miracle when youk kill somebody with biorifle).,
    - UT_flakcannon its like a new weapon I need to learn how to aim again, realy? (ST_UTChunk,ST_UTChunk1,ST_UTChunk2,ST_UTChunk3,ST _UTChunk4 - do not work correctly on medium and long distances/range, work correctly only in very, very close disntace/range, even only when I go into/penetrates someone work properly then)
    Weapon throwing up:
    - when you throwing up weapon and your teammate picking up, can not shoot this weapon, weapon is useless (as if the weapon has not in itself function what is responsible for the shooting functions, etc..)

I will try to get more information when a thing is happening, it might be help. Salut
    White Dragons \\'

s u p e r s h o c k r i f l e

I stopped working on the mod over a year ago because the remaining issues are so insignificant that it's not worth the time. It's incredibly time consuming to work on the mod, and I have more important things I need to be working on. And when I'm not working, I'm not going to spend my time debugging NewNet since the results of which are also pretty insignificant.

The vast majority of people really underestimate how much work actually went into getting the mod to its current state, as well as how much work it is to fix the remaining issues. I don't think the work to reward ratio is a worthy tradeoff, so it's very low priority for me, but the mod is of course open source for anyone else who wants to take a stab at it.

Regarding the weapon damages and all that, I was actually opposed to changing those values from the originals. But there was an overwhelming amount of feedback from everyone saying that something had to be done about hitscan (sniper, shock, minigun, etc.) weapons. There's actually an entire forum devoted to making the decisions on what to do. Active members of the "competitive" NW community all voted on the changes. All I did was implement their wishes.

http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40

Edit: At some point over the next day or two, I'll bring NewNet's GitHub repo up to date so that people can properly submit pull requests that might land in official builds.
    Last edited by TimTim; 03-02-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kr0m View Post
    minigun and pulsegun have become useless
    Get on the Siege server... you're in for a surprise...

EDIT:
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Wanna win siege?

Open User.ini > Set every single key you see to getweapon minigun | switchweapon 7 > Enter Siege server > go to sup and press any key > profit
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    I stopped working on the mod over a year ago because the remaining issues are so insignificant that it's not worth the time. It's incredibly time consuming to work on the mod, and I have more important things I need to be working on. And when I'm not working, I'm not going to spend my time debugging NewNet since the results of which are also pretty insignificant.

The vast majority of people really underestimate how much work actually went into getting the mod to its current state, as well as how much work it is to fix the remaining issues. I don't think the work to reward ratio is a worthy tradeoff, so it's very low priority for me, but the mod is of course open source for anyone else who wants to take a stab at it.
    That you did it alone, I admire you and I am well, aware that it takes a lot of time. Write the code, that takes a lot of time, twice as many correcting the code. Most I'd eat your brain, if that I could do NewNet by myself Yes, that's right, people think that utpure, ace, nn, other stuffs come from space and most of them do not care about how it can be time-consuming. They are interested to themself, to play and You're so "satisfact-or\ion" for everyone. Summing up to NewNet for Instagib = 100% success, referring to normal weapons, the most noticeable is Biorifle, after which you can run, jump and nothing happens also loaded secondary fire when you hit somebody nothing happens. Other weapons need maybe some small, even "cosmetic" improvements, probably that also still take a lot of time. Just to fully my luck (hope not only my) need an effective weapon like Biorifle. As to the FlakCannon I almost getting used, that needs a little bit different aim like its a new weapon, but similar to the FlakCannon.
    Timbur, you already fixed a lot of the bugs, I will not writing what are you fixed, because you perfectly know what you fixed, great job. Only what I will mention is that the already ImpactHammer bind works, gj also.

I saw that you did: BP1Handlerv0_9_6, BP4Handlerv0_9_6 - I'd like to decompile alone to BP1Handlerv0_9_14, BP4Handlerv0_9_14 (even to my version 0_9_test), but I dont know how :|
    I wanted to stub/more testing a little, but im green in c++/unrealscripts, not 100% green, but 70% green. I tried to use the NN version 9_14, because I think it is best version for normal weapons (but dont have source for that, I just unpacked .ucc files from .u) and then I try ucc make, this happen:

Code:
    Analyzing...
    Parsing PureSystem
    Parsing PurePlayer
    Parsing bbCHSpectator
    Parsing bbCHCoach
    Parsing bbPlayer
    Parsing bbTournamentMale
    Parsing bbTMale2
    Parsing bbTkr0mskin
    Parsing bbTBoss
    Parsing bbTMale1
    Parsing bbTournamentFemale
    Parsing bbTFemale1
    Parsing bbTFemale2
    Parsing bbClientDemoSN
    Parsing NN_SpawnNotify
    Parsing PureSN
    Parsing Checker
    Parsing DoubleJump
    Parsing PureClickBoard
    Parsing PureStatMutator
    Parsing UTPure
    Parsing SpecSpreeMessage
    Parsing SpecMessagePlus
    Parsing PureHitSound
    Parsing PureCTFScoreBoard
    Parsing PureAssaultScoreBoard
    Parsing PureDOMScoreBoard
    Parsing PureTeamScoreBoard
    Parsing PureLMSScoreBoard
    Parsing PureScoreBoard
    Parsing PureTeamInfo
    Parsing PureServerInfo
    Parsing PureServerInfoTeam
    Parsing PureServerInfoAS
    Parsing PureServerInfoCTF
    Parsing PureServerInfoDOM
    Parsing NewNetServer
    Parsing PureAutoPause
    Parsing PureDPS
    Parsing PureInfo
    Parsing PureStats
    Parsing NN_Teleporter
    Parsing PureFlag
    Parsing PureAssaultHUD
    Parsing PureDOMHUD
    Parsing PureCTFHUD
    Parsing PureTDMHUD
    Parsing PureDMHUD
    Parsing ModifyLoginHandler
    Parsing PureHUDHelper
    Parsing PureSuperDuperConsole
    Parsing PureSuperDuperUberConsole
    Parsing UTPureSetupScrollClient
    Parsing UTPureSetupClient
    Parsing PureLevelBase
    Compiling PureSystem
    Compiling PurePlayer
    Compiling bbCHSpectator
    Compiling bbCHCoach
    Compiling bbPlayer
    C:\UT99-\NewNetUnrealv0_9_test\Classes\bbPlayer.uc(6282) : Error, Can't assign
    Const variables
    Failed due to errors.

History: CompileError <- TryCompile <- FScriptCompiler::CompileScript <- (Class
    NewNetUnrealv0_9_test.bbPlayer, Pass 1, Line 6282) <- CompileScripts <- CompileSc
    ripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <-
     DoScripts <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
    Maybe the reason is that I dont have a source of that version, dont know.

Regarding the weapon damages and all that, I was actually opposed to changing those values from the originals. But there was an overwhelming amount of feedback from everyone saying that something had to be done about hitscan (sniper, shock, minigun, etc.) weapons. There's actually an entire forum devoted to making the decisions on what to do. Active members of the "competitive" NW community all voted on the changes. All I did was implement their wishes.

Global Unreal &bull; Login

Edit: At some point over the next day or two, I'll bring NewNet's GitHub repo up to date so that people can properly submit pull requests that might land in official builds.
    Shame that there was not me
    Let me ask you just one question: if somebody wants to change your favorite pizzas, where you think everything is in the right place, everything is perfect. I know how difficult it is to satisfy all, it is impossible to satisfy everyone. Therefore, I would do my pizzas optional In my pizza always imperfect was purestats, that destroyed taste of pulsegun and minigun (damn you Anthrax).

@TimTim - I hope that you will also find the time to finish what you started, its almost perfect, only that biorifle, with the rest stuff is possible to live
    Salut !
    Last edited by kr0m; 03-11-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    White Dragons \\'

In older versions all of the weapons actually registered perfectly, but certain projectiles broke (namely the random ones - e.g., biorifle splashes) when I added some security checks to prevent cheaters from exploiting it. And as I said, it's just not worth the time to fix it, especially when you can just use an older version.

And as I said, it's just not worth the time to fix it, especially when you can just use an older version.
    and because nw is dead kthxbye
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

In older versions all of the weapons actually registered perfectly, but certain projectiles broke (namely the random ones - e.g., biorifle splashes) when I added some security checks to prevent cheaters from exploiting it. And as I said, it's just not worth the time to fix it, especially when you can just use an older version.
    OK, thats your decision :F
    Tim in which an older version you mean ?
    NN 0_9_2 - bind for ImpactHammer does not work, all others looks OK
    NN 0_9_6 - using biorifle and flak kicking for [ Your weapon is firing faster than it's suppesed to. Please fix your connection and/or gamespeed. ] bDisableAutoKicks=True - not help - how to disable it ?
    NN 0_9_9 - using biorifle and flak kicking for [ Your weapon is firing faster than it's suppesed to. Please fix your connection and/or gamespeed. ] bDisableAutoKicks=True - not help - how to disable it ?
    NN 0_9_13/14/15 - bind for ImpactHammer works and no kicks when using biorifle/flak - so in my eyes its the best version for nw.

I did not find other versions, and even if I found something just might not work correctly. Maybe I'll ask otherwise you as creator should know Which version allows to use bind for ImpactHammer and will not kick from the server for using biorifle/flak as a cause is firing faster ?
    And also what version I can try to stub and decompile with small changes, likewise BP1Handlerv0_9_6, BP4Handlerv0_9_6 to another version of NN\my version. @TimTim - I do not want to bother you too much, I just would like to set everything as it should be and play as well and decompile the code from best version for NW. I'll be grateful for the help
    White Dragons \\'

Have you tried v0.9?

Which version allows to use bind for ImpactHammer
    Not sure what you mean here. If you're talking about hammer+jump bind, I don't know which older versions have this.

what version I can try to stub and decompile with small changes, likewise BP1Handlerv0_9_6, BP4Handlerv0_9_6 to another version of NN\my version
    You should be able to decompile any of them to get the source. The BP handlers are also really straightforward. Just decompile those, change the version number, add them to EditPackages, and compile.

You know you don't have to have those BP1/4, just delete BP1, and BP4 from the NNPure entry from ut.ini and be fine without.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information