User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGbOsS View Post
    The names look pretty deliberately named in the screen shots you posted above Jst2blond. I could see how that might be annoying via an admin's perspective.
    It means ? Are you talking about Tom & Jerry ? they used to play like that before so ....they are both 2 BT players, you probably know them . Recently play as LazySuzan & LazyAlbert
    I never deliberately rename them, always use a know one they are use to be seen on server ...
    As i could rename you as queequeg or doppelganger

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    I'll start using Player1 names.
    If i see you like that : i will rename you as "MyLittlePony"
    Blond's copyrighted

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    If i see you like that : i will rename you as "MyLittlePony"
    <3

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    It means ? Are you talking about Tom & Jerry ? they used to play like that before so ....they are both 2 BT players, you probably know them . Recently play as LazySuzan & LazyAlbert
    I never deliberately rename them, always use a know one they are use to be seen on server ...
    As i could rename you as queequeg or doppelganger [COLOR="Red"]
    I meant that it definitely does not look like they are people who are accidentally having their names changed to "Player" by a demo manager or other means. And if you were trying to track a specific player, it could be hard for an Admin to really figure out who is who. That is what I meant lol.

Yes, I used to have a thing for aliasing, especially on BT servers. Doppelganger is my actual login name on the i4g site because "BiGbOsS" was already taken. Queequeg is a name of a character from a book that I am fond of. I decided to stop aliasing and just use my real name a couple of months ago lol. I used to alias so much that I could not even remember if a specific name was an alias that I played under. I used to just look for random things on my desk like "wallet" or "sandwich" and use those as names.
    Fierd_0/Doppelganger/Donutdan

I only renamed a player if they requested it. Like Woody whom play in Siege, he have a problem with his UT set up because it only keep going back to Player# so whenever I'm on, he ask and I'll set him up with a name and it stay until he restart UT or crashed. In this case seem to be a OS / client permission problem but never got around it directly to stop it.

Or in BT if we're playing team play map like DoubleVision-II, we'll go by the nick of Yourname/Theirname for best time cap coordination of help from another player because it's how the map was designed.

But mainly a lot of reason why you see a lot of Player name because the server didn't time out the client's activity on time when they try to reconnect to the server ASAP (they happened to be kicked from the server from whatever the cause, crashed, timed out, lagout, etc.) When they connect to the server, the server automatically set them to use the player name, and sometime, default skin because the current name is in use. Nexgen/ACE/engine is somewhere in the mix of this for slow response of timeout, so if you been on IRC - as an example, and you had to reconnect due to timeout, you noticed your nick changed with an added underscore_.

I'd leave it alone. They might have the original nick back once the server switch to the new map unless they were forced to the one to use. Some players doesn't appreciate this and will try to hide because they want to be left alone and play normal. We really don't have to do a big witch hunting here. Some will leave because of whatever reason, probably wrong name or doesn't appreciate drama that follow the nick they use.

He is correct, demo reset also changes your skin to a default one (which may depend on UT language) but it is generally Othello (without HUD face, unless you're playing on the Siege server).
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by BiGbOsS View Post
    I used to just look for random things on my desk like "wallet" or "sandwich" and use those as names.
    That's what I do when I try new inis, I've used loads of random names lately because I've been really ill and had a cracked rib from coughing so much, I just wanted the cookies to reset because I was useless and was getting half the frags as normal on some maps.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    its hard to track dickheads that use the player name also

ban these fools!

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    its hard to track dickheads that use the player name also

ban these fools!
    We have to write a rule ...
    Blond's copyrighted

Banning player names? Wow we're gonna have an almost empty server!

Thread Information