User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BBANNED after using some other players ini

Hi,

After returning to UT99 I and losing my old good ini, I thought I should try another one's ini.
    After browsing to UT Files and using the ini, I get the message that I am banned, I wasn't banned yesterday with an old ini of mine.
    But now even with the old ini of mine I'm still banned, so it must have triggered a ban on my IP/MAC? Don't know on what NexGen bans.

Anyway here is the message I get.

Can you please look into this, I enjoy playing on this server, and I do behave, hence why I presume the origin of the reason is the ini.

Thanks in advance.

PS: The guy who banned this players ini was Tim and with a clear message, maybe he remembers the ban and can clear me
    Last edited by Palestine; 05-15-2015 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palestine View Post
    After returning to UT99 I and losing my old good ini, I thought I should try another one's ini.

Is it so hard to delete nexgen key before joining server using someones ini [NexgenCC.GeneralConfig]?
    And i still dont get it, why all using someone else ini's ...
    Can't u configure your own? lel

What Skarrj said.

If you get the ban from that .ini without deleting the client ID in user.ini you will have the ban. Remove it yourself.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    What Skarrj said.

If you get the ban from that .ini without deleting the client ID in user.ini you will have the ban. Remove it yourself.
    Look, I had'nt played for 2 years, and I forgot all about NexGen key's and ID's.
    I removed it afterwards, but I guess it was too late. I think NexGen bans the IP / MAC Adres whenever it finds this ID.
    I'm sorry for forgetting about the Key's/ID's, I can't say or do anything else to change this now.

Heh... so I guess it collect the rest of the information and banned the whole new ID. Yuck. Well maybe we'll work on a little tutorial about removing such ID from .ini later to post. Until someone check you out and unban you, I gotta go for work. :/

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Heh... so I guess it collect the rest of the information and banned the whole new ID. Yuck. Well maybe we'll work on a little tutorial about removing such ID from .ini later to post. Until someone check you out and unban you, I gotta go for work. :/
    Ok, thanks, for looking into it. Well have a nice workday I guess, and aghain sorry for the troubles I cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Palestine View Post
    Look, I had'nt played for 2 years,
    playing as pewpew~2014-12-21, pls~2015-04-02, 'Palestine~2015-04-20 and so on ... 2 years really ???
    Blond's copyrighted

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    playing as pewpew~2014-12-21, pls~2015-04-02, 'Palestine~2015-04-20 and so on ... 2 years really ???
    If you look close I only played a few times in 2014 and I started to play continiously in april 2015, and before that, I played in 2013. Hence two years.
    It is all there, I'm even prepared to give all nicks wich I played with.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    why is he being hammered? hes being honest about how he thinks he was banned clearly the ban wasnt meant to be for him, its an honest mistake he made. Can someone please sort this out as I'm at work and also fix the attitudes please I know it can be tiring with the worse people that tend to play on the servers but this guy seems ok?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    why is he being hammered? hes being honest about how he thinks he was banned clearly the ban wasnt meant to be for him, its an honest mistake he made. Can someone please sort this out as I'm at work and also fix the attitudes please I know it can be tiring with the worse people that tend to play on the servers but this guy seems ok?
    True that is why i have checked the ban and i found nothing . I dunno if someone check it before . Anyway, he told us came back after 2 years napping . I see him playing a lot previous mouths . So how can he explains loosing his ini . My answer his that he wants to test someone s ini but forget to save his own .....
    Don t want him banned but can t see why he has been caught into Amazing~ ban ....

Edit : talk with him, it seems he can play now( at least being a spectator due to empty server )
    Last edited by Jst2blond; 05-15-2015 at 07:39 PM.
    Blond's copyrighted

Thread Information