User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    yea lost connection on my phone and pc so couldnt get back to you.

What do you guys think?
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Need to change sals to 1000 max cap imo.

Why is that?

And blaze.. really? One day after the salaries.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    I just have a lot to deal with at work at the moment and parents flying out to go back home, stuff to do at home, and other things that I need to sort out... I can stay on the roster on the basis there will be a chance I can make all games but definitely make the games where I am off on for weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    Why is that?
    Because we don't have enough players signed up to need a 1500 cap, there's a lot of gaps in salary where there shouldn't be. I remember the hardest part about salaries in past tourneys was the mid-tier players being worth just a bit too much. In the 1500 format there's not only a confusing gap between mid-tier/lower top-tier players but also a more obvious gap between top 10 players who all impact the game in similar ways, especially within the top 5.

I realise many ppl are still attached to the past one way or another. Some prefer the old hierarchy of top players which doesn't reflect the present and others miss the almost gap-less salaries where skill gaps are neglected.
    I discussed that with SW yesterday. He even wasted an hour with a $1000 ranking which g ave him worse results.
    There is nothing wrong with gaps in the salary if those gaps represent the real skill gaps in ut. That's something that can be discussed and I think it still needs some adjustment.
    However, it feels like your opinion is heavily impacted by the public reaction. You knew the ranking beforehand and didn't react at all.

I talked to Moskva about it on ts pretty late before I went to bed so I didn't make a post about it. Do you really think every signup should have a $50 difference between them? Especially within the top 10? We're jumping from a $15 difference per signup in a $1000 format compared to a $50 difference per signup in the $1500 format. That's too drastic if you ask me, perhaps meet in the middle with a $1200 format. The public reaction did influence me, mainly Adrian's post, but he's right about how skewed the rankings are among the top players.

You realize how much team salary there is? and where the big part of the signees it's at? we could be fooling ourselves thinking zac is a 600 player with the old system and saying "oh he's overrated".

Here's the news for all of you, the talent is just not there in this league, maybe in the past you could with the grims, diablos, mals of the world, but it's just not like that right now, we have 6 captains now, so if you actually bother to see how teams look like in a mockdraft, then you would understand.
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

The most common difference is $10.
    There's no surprise that Adrian would complain about the salary gap. Everyone has an agenda. Adrian and blaze are clearly on another lvl compared to danger. $200 difference is totally fine. I'd have put myself above danger too but chickenwing didn't agree with it.
    However, the difference to cella should be lower, albeit only marginally.. $100 less maybe. Cella can frag but lacks mic and brain I feel.

Meant to say top 5. I guess the main point out of all this is that I think the gap is misplaced and that the top 5 aren't as different as you think and when that's the case it affects the rest of the signups as well with them costing more overall. I think meeting in the middle with a $1200-ish format would be better for everyone. Also agree with you on Cella & same case could be made for osy (<3 osybro n_n)

Thread Information