User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

McSwartzy Glitch (Glass Ceiling) and dumb rule.

So today I am playing McSwartzy and the other team XLocs up into the glass ceiling by exploiting the glitch at the edges. So I start shooting the tele and other team by shooting at the edges too. I kill the tele and as I am trying to kill the players I am Kicked by admin because I am breaking the rules? What? They exploit the bug to get an advantage but I am not allowed? What kind of butt hugging BS rule is that?
    If it is OK for one team to use the bug it should be fair game for all. Period! All or none!

1S1K

You cant shoot through glass. Many players attack the core from the "nuke room", and others try kill the buildings and players above, but it's not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+]AdRiaN View Post
    You cant shoot through glass. Many players attack the core from the "nuke room", and others try kill the buildings and players above, but it's not allowed
    Here's an idea, how about we just simplify it to avoid all this and say no one allowed in the others nuke room. Or, no one allowed to attack from the nuke room and that includes X-Locing down and attacking. IOWs the nuke room in McSwartzy is only for making nukes.

Yes, this nuke room is only for make nukes, nobody is allowed shoot up or down the glass. If the enemy got your nuke room and you want recorver it, you should go up with trans for attack the enemy builds.

The rule been there forever, in maps where you can find glasses, windows etc, you can make tele through to try take it over or trans in this map and try to get it. But no shooting in through.

I warned people in the map with white big letters and in chat over and over, after not getting it, I kicked you and others.

Even someone said earlier before I joined it wasn't allowed.

How about we fix the map?
    Any other TODO's on it?
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    How about we fix the map?
    Any other TODO's on it?
    How to able only trans disc pass throwgh glass?

i can understand it not being allowed altought its pretty much the only way to end that map its worse then the other one.

btw are we allowed to make a tele in the wall spot above the light or is it a map glitch?

Coding special zone infos will deal with non-hitscan weaps.
    Zone goes in the high rooms, when non-translocator projectiles transition from this zone into a different zone, destroy them.

Regarding hitscan weaps...
    Let's just say that right now I'm regretting not adding the 'MutateTakeDamage' implementation into sgBuilding.
    So we can just deal with it by shielding that part of the core that's exposed to direct hitscan fire from above?

So, do we minishield it? Or do I add something to block fire?

Also, should I make the glass visible?
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Coding special zone infos will deal with non-hitscan weaps.
    Zone goes in the high rooms, when non-translocator projectiles transition from this zone into a different zone, destroy them.

Regarding hitscan weaps...
    Let's just say that right now I'm regretting not adding the 'MutateTakeDamage' implementation into sgBuilding.
    So we can just deal with it by shielding that part of the core that's exposed to direct hitscan fire from above?

So, do we minishield it? Or do I add something to block fire?

Also, should I make the glass visible?
    Can't you just remove the glass altogether? Or fix it so there is no way to X-Loc up there? Maybe a permanent tele up there would be nice or an elevator in that lower side room going up to the ceiling? That way the attacking team would have to get into that small room and use the elevator to get up there. At least that would give the defending team a chance to get it back.
    I don't understand people who complain maps take too long to win...Isn't that the sign of a well designed map? I hate fast maps that just waste my time and are over before they begin. I like having to have a strategy to win. Otherwise it is just a mindless shooting game.

Thread Information