Removing by know-it-alls getting epidemic, no action being taken! - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    because killing the enemy is more effective before they even reach your base

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    Shitter builds all of them. Watch and learn how to build good on bluevember from the true master
    . Haha OK let me know when one shows up.... BlueVember is easy if you do it right. The biggest mistake people make is not securing the top above the core first. Get that done and the game will last for at least a while. Mines are not spam. A whole in depth defense strategy has to include mines. My mines have stopped invisible Scourge on more than one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    Good to see the ban. Sometimes in pub you have to give a small leech to make stronger defense of multiple entries against waves of nukers. The main point is Billion didn't ask to remove anyway. Maybe he will start an account here to defend himself.
    My POV on leeches is simply that if you can't control leechers in your Core room area you are probably not going to win anyway. If you develop your whole defensive build philosophy on the premise of leech than you will never have a good defense. There is a trade off between building a defense and making a leech. You cannot have one without giving the other. Defense in depth is the best trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    A whole in depth defense strategy has to include mines. My mines have stopped invisible Scourge on more than one occasion.
    Make mines right outside the other teams base to catch them out, like the tunnel, people don't expect to find a mine their, in their own base.

Build more mines. The more you make, the better I get at seeing them...

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Build more mines. The more you make, the better I get at seeing them...
    Yeah, that is what everyone thinks but it never works that way. Just played a map today where I came in late and there were no mines. I started making mines and quickly became top warhead defender. I kept repeating for team to make mines but they just would not. you know the types, they hog all their RU and beg others for theirs to make teles or nukes... But they never lower themselves to make a mine. In a building with a lot of corners and halls mines are key to keeping nukers out. Anyway, I must have blew up 6 or 7 inbound nukers yet no one would make a mine. Even after first nuker hits, they all know a second or third is right behind but still will not make a mine. I guess they rather get nuked. I called the game and told my team we were going to lose because one person can't keep up with mine building. Sure enough, we lost. It was inevitable! Mines kill, no mines lose. And then there are those that make lvl 3 mines. A useless mine for a nuker who is shielded...(aren't they all?) I always assume nukers are shielded and have boots or an XLoc.
    But that is just me in my quest for the perfect defense.

Offtopic:

I have to get rid of the habit of making lvl 3 mines when they have become useless due to the amounts of RU available… Guilty as charged. Thanks for the reminder.

Personally I feel very comfortable with all the "defense stuff". Making mines, checking corridors, shocking nukes, checking doors, upgrading, repairing, etc. So, if we play together, lead the way if you wish. I'm eager to learn.

Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    Offtopic:

I have to get rid of the habit of making lvl 3 mines when they have become useless due to the amounts of RU available… Guilty as charged. Thanks for the reminder.

Personally I feel very comfortable with all the "defense stuff". Making mines, checking corridors, shocking nukes, checking doors, upgrading, repairing, etc. So, if we play together, lead the way if you wish. I'm eager to learn.

Boom!
    Not much to learn, just a lot of grunt work and building. Put mines in unexpected places at strategic times in the game to keep core safe. So just prior to clock counting down always make sure you have lots of RU to build mines and rebuild defenses in that last minute assault.

If you're interested in defensive player/building methods, hit me up so I can have you run the 'Gateway building course'.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Sounds enticing.

Thread Information