SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 43

User Tag List

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Congrats, you've managed to steer away a discussion about severe server lag issues into another minigun rant.
    Btw the rockets are no longer moved forward... they're only 'displayed' forward.
    About that. This is great when trying to block rockets with piston, but it's absolutely awful when guessing when to fire your nuke (or when to shoot at one. @Skarn can vouch for the latter).

Various incidents, all under normal conditions (besides my insanely low ping):
    - Shots from ASMD pulse may "strike" the player, but no damage is dealt
    - Sniper rounds will draw blood, but no damage is dealt
    - I see a round of rockets pass my nuke's firing line and figure I'm in the clear the instant they pass; I fire and the nuke is denied despite being out of splash range and the visual striking distance of the rocket pack
    - I basically stick my piston in @jay2's face and no hit is registered. A similar circumstance happens when I touch a midget kRaven with piston; no hit registered.
    - Hitboxes often don't align with meshes, especially annoying in the supplier, when trying to upgrade, or during water combat (you have to look for where enemy fire is coming from rather than the enemy's mesh). Seems to happen when a bunch of players come into contact with one another.

So please trust that I don't hate LC because I need something to bitch about, everyone knows I already have enough of a stick up my butt I don't need to make any tough choices on that. There are definitely frustrating buggy issues today that I don't remember from a year or two years ago.
    Last edited by Scourge; 09-22-2016 at 05:53 AM.

You're contradicting yourself by saying minigun is ok yet 90% of the time you use it,as simple as that.Have you ever seen in any nw game someone chasing people from full health with minigun like a dumbfuck and actually making a lot of frags ?Me neither. I think even SAM asked you once to do something about it yet you keep avoiding it.Lastly I'm so scared couse you're onto me ;_ ;

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    - Hitboxes often don't align with meshes, especially annoying in the supplier, when trying to upgrade, or during water combat (you have to look for where enemy fire is coming from rather than the enemy's mesh). Seems to happen when a bunch of players come into contact with one another.
    That's a stock UT client flaw, been happening for 17 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CoD|JIgSaW View Post
    Have you ever seen in any nw game someone chasing people from full health with minigun like a dumbfuck and actually making a lot of frags
    That's what happens when ZP is the dominant mod for over 5 years, only to be replaced by a NN that's fully compliant with that warped view.
    And UT bot's aiming system randomizes the aim error on each shot which doesn't properly simulates a player's aim.
    If you played lans or against FerBotz (fav weapon=minigun) you'll realize the weapon is much more powerful than it currently is on Siege.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Ye ok,keep ignoring the truth and what everyone tells you,I'm soon gone from here anyway seeing how much the servers "improved" over the last months

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Good riddance. Its gonna be such a shame

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    We have new pug server now, just waiting for a pug bot to happen and im sure some of us will still go on pugging
    Even when it was up before, not many pugs happened.

This will certainly increase the pacing in some maps.

got crash while trying to shoot with insta

That is one fascinating crash over here.
    The stock UT code's way of 'shooting' involves a single trace, evaluating target, tracing again if target isn't hit (hitbox correction such as duck), and so on and on.
    Minishields and players are two examples of hitbox corrected pawns.

Since tracing a second time (after a failure) would most likely mean hitting the pawn again, the start location of the second trace is adjusted that it somehow it avoids hitting the the first objective and follow it's course past this first hit.
    But I noticed a flaw here... what if the very end of the shot actually ends inside the invalid region of the target?

That means that the hitbox correction will move the trace-start point past the pawn, and since the trace-end point is still inside the pawn, the line will be traced backwards.
    So what you get is unlimited traces going back and forth from the pawn, which then end up being 250 function calls and 'safely' exiting the engine.

TL;DR: you were extremely unlucky to fire the insta to a VERY distant minishield, and the end point of your shot ended up in the 'non-hit' region of the minishield.
    This shot would have crashed the server if it hadn't been running LCWeapons.
    I'll probably have to resort to XC_Engine to find a fix to this, and a new LCWeapons build lol.

Noticed the scoreboard takes an awful lot to render, a test with 24 players showed that (on my UT) it takes 11.4 ms to render.
    Each player will have it's dark background drawn individually (as well as the "X players not shown") and averages are calculated every frame.
    Also, the Team colors used to be modified according to the player's HUD brightness setting which may cause additional overhead.

Decided to get rid of Team color transformation and instead edited the fixed team colors so that Blue and Red text colors are a bit lighter (screenshot takers will appreciate this for certain).
    Then did some changes so that the black backgrounds are drawn once per team instance and had averages/player counts cached on the score sorting part (which happens every 0.5 second) and managed to lower render time to 10.1 ms

I suspect the drawcall reduction (4-32 black squares to 4 fixed ones in 4way) weighs more in performance drop than a few additions/divisions done every frame.
    Maybe I could go as far as precaching all the player info text in a 'ScriptedTexture' and then draw that texture as a whole player info block.
    Unreal Engine 3 games do this (although UE3 scripted textures are full RGB) so it may be worth a shot.

=====
    The constructor also takes an extra 2ms render, gonna see I it's possible to optimize that.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scoreboard Test.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	3343

- - - Updated - - -

Optionally, if only ONE player was hidden due to not having enough space, that could be overriden and instead be drawn anyways, because that "X players not shown" takes somehow one slot.
    So I we replace that one slot take with the one player we're not displaying info, we will have pretty much the same space taken.

- - - Updated - - -

This should fix a lot of countryflags issues. @SAM
    https://github.com/CacoFFF/SiegeIV-U...162099cd2778cb
    Code:
    simulated function CacheFlag()
    {
    	local Texture Tex;

if ( bFlagCached || (Asc(CountryPrefix) == 42) ) //* character
    		return;

CachedFlag = Texture(DynamicLoadObject("CountryFlags2."$CountryPrefix, class'Texture', true));
    	if ( CachedFlag == None )
    		CachedFlag = Texture(DynamicLoadObject("CountryFlags5."$CountryPrefix, class'Texture', true));
    	if ( CachedFlag == None )
    		CachedFlag = Texture(DynamicLoadObject("CountryFlags3."$CountryPrefix, class'Texture', true));
    	bFlagCached = true;
    }

Thread Information