SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 22

User Tag List

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    @SAM

can we please turn back to the other version where the constructor isnt fucked up?

Most time when you wanna rep someone it ends up remove. (or skipping in more categories)

It happen so many times and Im surprised no one says any...
    This is a constructor glitch? I thought my right click button was breaking lol
    ______

Other glitch that i hate is the invis buildings behind the brushes... I only can start to snipe a sp/cont if i I expose myself out of walls. Mines right behind a corner is other problem, it's aways invisible for 0.2 or 0.3 secs after i can see behind the brush, enough time for i die in a 100% invisible mine.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH[+
    AdRiaN;109613]This is a constructor glitch? I thought my right click button was breaking lol
    I can submit an immediate workaround to stop this behaviour on this build, it will mean an extra 10kb package on clients.
    @SAM let me know when you have time to manipulate the server.

The fix should consist on spawning a simple actor that sets bCanClientFire=True before the 'select' animation finishes playing.
    That way there's no double fire action on select.

AdRiaN;109613]Other glitch that i hate is the invis buildings behind the brushes... I only can start to snipe a sp/cont if i I expose myself out of walls. Mines right behind a corner is other problem, it's aways invisible for 0.2 or 0.3 secs after i can see behind the brush, enough time for i die in a 100% invisible mine.
    Server is running XC_Engine, therefore the picture below applies:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relevancy.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	2968

Btw:
    The checks/second is based on NetUpdateFrequency value.
    sgBuilding has a NetUpdateFrequency of 8 (100% hp) or 20 (<100% hp), players have that at 100 (capped down to tickrate).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    - SPs still fire at where a player's corpse is when they're teamswitched.
    I have to figure that one out, teamswitched players also mess up doors.
    I think Nexgen or Autoteambalancer is to blame here.

- I don't understand how this one works and it could be an edge case, so I'll just explain how to duplicate it: Press a button with both a setmode and getweapon sgConstructor, then switch to another weapon and immediately hold down right click during the switching (like you're preparing to build bio bombs while prepping your biorifle, or deciding better of using your constructor). Your biorifle will be out, but your constructor will continue to click and switch modes, effectively ruining your stealth.
    That's commow with high pings... maybe I should have all constructor category switches denied when there's another weapon to be selected (aka PendingWeapon).
    Adding to TODO.

- Initial, invincible suppliers still spawn at 99.9% health.
    Lel, FPU math precision issues.

- Anonymous, orphaned suppliers and teleporters may still not be removable even when the correct circumstances apply (no exit teleport, super supplier has been upgraded to full).
    I purposely added a distance cap to 'removability' this way it prevents possible abuse of building a SS in an incorrect location and removing the legit Supplier in the right location

Mines still build through walls. I understand that anything besides teleporters are now considered illegal, so this should be patched as it has been very recently abused.
    I am considering reducing build distance for mines.

- Shieldbelt and invis are not visible to my renderer, but are apparently visible to those using software rendering. It should be visible to all or visible to none.
    Btw, I know exactly what's causing this, it turned out that it's not Software mode on it's own, it's an actual setting in all renderers + bad UT99 shieldbelt code.
    I tried to fix this in the past but I did more harm than good, I should try again.

- Dampeners are fairly useless, even though they're cheap.
    I should come up with a way of silencing footsteps...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW @SAM the ShieldBelt has incorrect price, check SiegePub.ini (or whatever profile is being used).
    It's currently set at 400, when it should be at 250 (the upgrade cost takes care of maximum expense of being 400).
    The best way to handle this is to remove the price modifier (since 250 is the default value).
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    I can submit an immediate workaround to stop this behaviour on this build, it will mean an extra 10kb package on clients.
    @SAM let me know when you have time to manipulate the server.

The fix should consist on spawning a simple actor that sets bCanClientFire=True before the 'select' animation finishes playing.
    That way there's no double fire action on select.

Server is running XC_Engine, therefore the picture below applies:

Name:	Relevancy.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	2968

Btw:
    The checks/second is based on NetUpdateFrequency value.
    sgBuilding has a NetUpdateFrequency of 8 (100% hp) or 20 (<100% hp), players have that at 100 (capped down to tickrate).

- - - Updated - - -

I have to figure that one out, teamswitched players also mess up doors.
    I think Nexgen or Autoteambalancer is to blame here.

That's commow with high pings... maybe I should have all constructor category switches denied when there's another weapon to be selected (aka PendingWeapon).
    Adding to TODO.

Lel, FPU math precision issues.

I purposely added a distance cap to 'removability' this way it prevents possible abuse of building a SS in an incorrect location and removing the legit Supplier in the right location

I am considering reducing build distance for mines.

Btw, I know exactly what's causing this, it turned out that it's not Software mode on it's own, it's an actual setting in all renderers + bad UT99 shieldbelt code.
    I tried to fix this in the past but I did more harm than good, I should try again.

I should come up with a way of silencing footsteps...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW @SAM the ShieldBelt has incorrect price, check SiegePub.ini (or whatever profile is being used).
    It's currently set at 400, when it should be at 250 (the upgrade cost takes care of maximum expense of being 400).
    The best way to handle this is to remove the price modifier (since 250 is the default value).
    The shieldbelt was set by chis, its not incorrecet and there was a poll for it in the forum.

0022 shieldbelt spawns with 93 armor and requires extra 150 RU in upgrades to reach 150 armor.
    Therefore, 250+150=400
    The profile was never adjusted to this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    sgBuilding has a NetUpdateFrequency of 8 (100% hp)
    it means the NetUpdateFrequency is updated each 0.125 seconds? So, if i can see the left half of a mine, and the random point be 2 times the right half, the mine will be 100% invis for 0.25 sec?!!
    For other builds this frequency is not bad, but when we need cross a lot of corners with speed and nuke, the chance of we die in a invisible mine is really higher than 50%. Mine/SM update frequency cant be faster?

AdRiaN;109637]Mine/SM update frequency cant be faster?
    One of the reasons NetUpdateFrequency is so low is because of the excessive CPU usage required to process the relevancy loop + variable replication check.
    But i'll take your point and increase Mine's and other offensive buildings' update frequency.

Thanks for the input.
    0023 is coming up any moment, keep bringing up points as soon as you can.

- - - Updated - - -

OH SHIT
    I totally gave outdated values, the update frequencies are more extreme:
    - 30hz (<100%)
    - 5hz (100%)

I'll change to 6hz, 15hz.
    And then modify mines to 12hz, 15hz

That explains server losing some frames in leech games after nukes.

- - - Updated - - -

In the meantime, added some HUD enhancements...
    The 'Identify Info' you see on the lower middle part now matches the constructor panel, helps preventing major fuckups when repairing/upgrading/removing. (Only if constructor is the active weapon).
    Also, feigning death players and spies will now reveal their Identify info to their teammates.

Even though the hyper leecher is the nearst building in the line of fire, the container's center point is the nearest to the crosshair (Remove Function Prioritizes this) and therefore, Container is now displayed as the identify target.

Name:	IdentifyTarget.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	2972

I need to post an idea. Not sure what you think but a short sum would probably be too much of impossible until we find a work around.

Built 1 accessable tele in base, then 1 outside of base but it lend into nowhere but death or whatever as impossible to remove the other tele (Niven's fan area, somehow it has gone a tad a bit wrong) and it just sit there stuck. So something to do with this impossible to remove tele because no one gonna shoot through wall to kill it inquiring breaking the shoot-through-wall rule but let's not forget, maybe a different area where no one go to and it just sit there waiting... zzz.

So I was guessing, a quick thought but I doubt in this would work lol. Step inside my own tele, but not enough to transport through, and click remove without removing the tele at my base. Unless that's too hard, then maybe some weird interface to select which tele to remove or make a keybind... I had enough fake, crap, leech games on pub. lol.

TL;DR:
    I built a tele that lead to instant death and I can't remove the sucker. Need a way to be able to do so.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 03-17-2016 at 06:38 AM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Both Dev servers updated to 0024.

- - - Updated - - -

fugg
    Cham, Skarn and Yeehaw find bugs faster than I can patch them.
    0025 tomorrow.

Can we please fix the supplier removing?

I mean if I make a supplier or someone else, no one can remove that except me.. if you leave the server then you should be able to remove the supplier...

its annoying when people remove your supplier and you have full ru and u dont get anything back, not only me have notice this and think the same..

best way is to get it removed when you leave the server.

Well, since RU can now go over the limit it could be changed to direct RU addition instead of shared reward.

Thread Information