SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 44

User Tag List

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    This will certainly increase the pacing in some maps.
    Inb4 Sonic the Hedgehog UT edition

- - - Updated - - -

also @Higor for visibility

(Slightly specific) Balancer suggestions:
    - Fuck balancing by number of players; just pile incoming players onto a team where they will have the greatest long-term balancing impact.
    - Freely switch out bad players/players that don't invest in defense, weapons, or upgrading teammates to preserve balance (Example: Gowrath from earlier tonight was practically an idler; swapping him for a good joining player would have had a far more positive impact)
    - Don't calculate cookies based on time when the player started and when the match ends; calculate by total activity on every exit. Otherwise leaves open to stat skewing by joining at start of game, leaving, then coming back just before match ends.

Other siege suggestions:

- Preserve momentum when going through a teleporter. Now you're thinking with portals. (Imagine having an SB in your core room in Clarion)

@SAM @|uK|Blaze//
    Server suggestions:

- Allow blocking of public AND private chat and/or taunts; remember preferences on the client side. Here's why:
    --+ Deals with abusive players even in the absence of moderators. This will help curtail some of the harassment and incendiary speech issues that have apparently been ongoing for a while.
    --+ Helps @Fluke not have a conniption when I need someone to heal me.

- Occasional reminders about healing and upgrading teammates, like the server once had (And which i think @Severed wrote). Helps new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    - Preserve momentum when going through a teleporter. Now you're thinking with portals. (Imagine having an SB in your core room in Clarion)
    OP

In the meantime, improving visibility and viability of the wheel.
    You get to see full names if highlighted and a 'fav' option in the center that only requires going in and out to select it.
    You can pick what action to shortcut, which is pretty good if you don't use binds or want to go for something atypical right outside of the enemy base.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Constructor_Fav0.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	3344
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Constructor_Fav1.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	3345
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Other siege suggestions:

thats absurd..... youre asking to be able to free nukely with sb momentum through a tele, there will be no need to make a jetpack or boots due to this.

everything else I agree with

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    This will certainly increase the pacing in some maps.
    ...combined with SB and AG platform = Blackriver base to base SB distance with ease?

The level caps the speed players and other pawns can reach, super boosters already hit those limits on their own, anything else applied on that will only alter the direction of the boost.
    Common boosters on the other hand can be very useful if built 1 second ahead of the pad, as they'll help you reach a longer distance by touching them right before the slowdown kicks off.

- - - Updated - - -

0027 up in Dev2 >>> 193.111.136.210:7788

Is there an option to remove the constructor custom crosshair/wheel? It is off centre and very off putting on the screen being so big, it doesn't take into account crosshair does not sit true for right handed players.
    I also walked through a PG today 3 times with no effect on me at all. Then it started to catch me as normal, but if I died I was bogged down with the PG effect on respawn. I had to suicide every single time after touching PG.

There are other problems but it just isn't worth voicing anything against siege development, simply because it falls on deaf ears.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;118420]I also walked through a PG today 3 times with no effect on me at all. Then it started to catch me as normal, but if I died I was bogged down with the PG effect on respawn. I had to suicide every single time after touching PG.
    I'll need to check into this. What is your ping to the server?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

So far I noticed 2 bugs:
    - Eff% is displayed wrongly in the ScoreBoard becuase of a caching mistake.
    - Movement affector code isn't properly cancelling DashPad and that's causing super speed bugs.

The Poison Guardian effect sounds continue to play after death (they shouldn't) but I haven't noticed the slowness being persistant this time.
    The affector was rescaled so that slowness is gradually reduced tick-by-tick (instead of every 0.125s) which makes the speed changes less apparent on lower levels, but you will notice it slows you down a lot if upgraded to level 5.
    It's kind of weaker at lower levels, nastier at higher levels... more of a reason to build Toxin Suit.

I'll have a small hotfix package ready to take care of these bugs right after the weekend, these are easy to patch.
    Waiting for any more obscure bug reports after this weekend so I don't leave any other thing out.
    The policy is to make not more than one change on the server every week.

=============
    I'm also expecting some feedback on the current offensive metagame, playing attack should be more rewarding and tactics should be more varied than before.
    PD: The voted mine nerf has been applied, with an additional dark shader that makes them spottable in super bright maps.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    seems super buggy, players warp/skate from location to location magically, its as if theres a second delay then server catches up? - I have no lag so that isnt the issue neither is framedrops (as far as I can tell) will test more on a heavier game

fluke it is possible to remove those things but my settings are drastically different to yours, I can record and send you a vid of what my ut looks like on whatsapp if you want so you can see if thats exactly how you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    players warp/skate from location to location magically, its as if theres a second delay then server catches up?
    Nothing within UT can hang it for more than a second in a 3.6 ghz Xeon without triggering a 10m iterations 'safe crash'.
    This is either connection interruption or a program hanging the UT server process.

Thread Information