User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was there and he transed through SC. I wasnt aware you could do this as I've tried myself and didnt succeed- although I did know that sometimes you can ripper through it and hit nukes if you're lucky. I'm not hugely bothered and will make sure to build level 3 FF on it in future if the rule against it isnt going to be enforced. My nuke was killed but I'm not baying for blood because it's still hard to do

Quote Originally Posted by BONZ View Post
    will make sure to build level 3 FF on it in future if the rule against it isnt going to be enforced.
    The rule is already there infact even Higor said that the bug was fixed (!!!)

banny pls no be mean

Quote Originally Posted by Banny View Post
    The rule is already there infact even Higor said that the bug was fixed (!!!)
    Maybe some confusion with the telefragging containers? Idk
    Last edited by Chamberly; 06-29-2015 at 08:57 AM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Maybe some confusion with the telefragging containers? Idk
    I remember Higor saying at one point that he had "fixed" Super Containers to prevent transing through them over two years ago. I quickly found this to not be the case and continued doing it ever since. In that time - and it has been a very long time - not one person has said anything about it other than wondering how I do it. This is also not specifically mentioned in the public rules.

I did it because I didn't see anything wrong with it, especially considering that to do this takes a very risky and RU-intensive setup along with very quick and careful aim, but I'm fine with taking a penalty.

(Note that "fixing" this "again" means that people with high RU equipment and who have built the core tele have only suicide, SC removal, or telenetwork (good luck with that on public) as an option if the core tele is nuked, and that a team on the back foot has no "best option" for slowing down the enemy team on Clarion - often necessary to avoid getting completely domed when the other team has a lot of heavy hitters.)
    Last edited by Scourge; 06-30-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Why would you not see something wrong with it. It's an unintended bug which higor said he had fixed. Why have you brought it onto yourself to decide it's ok? There doesn't need to be a specific rule about every single thing. You should know its not allowed or not desired to be trans'd through if someone has attempted to fix it.

With knowledge of knowing it was 'fixed' explain why it is ok?
    Last edited by SAM; 06-30-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Why would you not see something wrong with it. It's an unintended bug which higor said he had fixed. Why have you brought it onto yourself to decide it's ok? There doesn't need to be a specific rule about every single thing. You should know its not allowed or not desired to be trans'd through if someone has attempted to fix it.

With knowledge of knowing it was 'fixed' explain why it is ok?
    The fact that many games beyond the "fix" - and I mean many, many games, years' worth of games - have passed without any mention of this being a problem, even with Higor, Severed, and admins variously present to witness it; without any warnings, further mentions of fixes, or penalties issued. You could say the same for Adrian and myself building a ton of bombs faster than other players generally know how to. The air I get is "whatever" until someone decides that, yes, it really is a problem.

I admit it's an assumption on my part. Like I said, I'm not about to contest any penalty I'm issued if that assumption is wrong.

Though if you ask me the way the balancer works is itself a bug that merits counter-abuse.

How is it possible to build things faster?

Adrian has a different method for doing it; some kind of bind. I don't know if he can do it without needing to have constructor out, but that's a limitation on my method, which involves pressing the bind for the thing I want to do quickly (build or repair), holding down fire, and rapidly switching between the bind and altfire. Being able to do this has made an enormous difference in games where the odds were otherwise hugely against me.

EDIT: If you come to the server now, I can demonstrate it.
    Last edited by Scourge; 06-30-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    How is it possible to build things faster?
    Macros.
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

Thread Information