!Teams

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: !Teams

!Teams

The server (UK Igib) is acting super retarded today, its impossible to have a game without it forcing players to change constantly because as soon as a team gets a bit advantage the server shows the message to type teams... some players do it and every minutes or so we are constantly changing back and forth... this is getting ridiculous.

The !Teams command was getting abused by some as soon as they start loosing, or even by some when they where winning 7-0 and if in 3 min the result gets to 7-5 they start typing teams... but now its removing the fun of even playing...

I understand why its there but its not working IMO.

Yeah that's not supposed to happen. I'll look in a bit.

Team balancer

Lol, what did you do to it, it's even more fucked up than normal, some players are being moved over 5 times a game, and then it still displays teams are unbalanced most of the game, players are getting fed up and leaving the server, then the whole loop starts again. Half the time it's not being useful, it's just moving the same player back and forth .

There are 4 on red and 5 on blue in this sshot.

Rasta-joke

Take a wild guess.

He's perfectly fine if it's the other way around.

Waiting for mr 40%eff public defender's input

I need to take care of some other stuff and then I'll have time to fix it.

@TimTim you put my rasta-man complaint post in this topic lol.

Alright, working on it now. It might take a couple more tests, but the end result should be much better than the original balancing algorithm. I finally got fed up enough with it yesterday to do something about it lol. Basically the changes should prevent this from happening: When one player had ~100 cookies and a few others had ~70 and the rest had < 40, it would give the 100 cookie player all of the < 40 cookie players and then group together all of the ~70 cookie players, usually making it essentially 4+ players versus 1 or 2 players. But with the changes I've made, the "pick order" is more like pugs would be, where 2 captains of similar skill level are chosen, and then red captain gets first pick, then blue gets 2, then red gets 2, etc. (Whereas previously, blue would get both 1st and 2nd picks, then red would get 3rd and 4th, and so on, which is obviously extremely flawed unless the top 6 players in the server were of similar skill level.)

As for the rebalancing portion of it, what I'm going to do now is make it so that players can force a rebalance only if 3 different players type !teams within a short timespan (20 seconds sounds good to me). However, when players leave/join the server, sometimes a rebalance is absolutely necessary. I'm trying to keep that to a minimum though, as it will do it less often later in the map since people tend to leave/join more often in the beginning, and after playing on one team for a while, they are understandably invested in that team.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    @TimTim you put my rasta-man complaint post in this topic lol.
    Not surprised on this lol

Dont worry about the teambalancer problems, just fucking permaban everyone playing in the monkey houses aka instagib servers right now, its full of cancerous fucktards making a normal ctf game IMPOSSIBLE
    [insert some other random swearwords]

/ragemode off

no really, there should be some more admins around it was unbearable (and I only played like 3 games)

@skinnyPete

Just post demos. We can't be around 24/7. And its very difficult to find admins who won't abuse power.

Thread Information