SJA random projects - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    This thing is online if you want to have a look at this project. UT Sim 2

If you want to have a heart attack, look at the source code

@~~D4RR3N~~

You should try visual studio, the full version has been free for about a year now, I used to use the express"free" version until then, or notepad++ for webdesign.
    It's from micro$(microsoft)
    https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/p...munity-vs.aspx

SJ. You any good with C#? I know someone with a very attractive 'proposal'.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    SJ. You any good with C#? I know someone with a very attractive 'proposal'.
    I've only done a few lines of c#, and that was only for a really basic mod for grand theft auto V, I have no experience with c#.

I plan on c# being my fourth programming language after I get the hang of c++, I already know javascript, and PHP. I want to get a degree in computer science in the future , I need to do other stuff first so I can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    If you learn c++ first, every other language will be easy to learn.
    If you learn the basic syntax in one programming language, you'll pick up on the (very similar, if not identical) syntax in another language in the same family of languages easily, so C++ is not in a unique position there (and basic syntax is not the hard part of programming anyway), so there are many other programming languages to choose from when deciding what language to use.

just curious, why did you chose C++ as your first programming language?

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    If you learn the basic syntax in one programming language, you'll pick up on the (very similar, if not identical) syntax in another language in the same family of languages easily, so C++ is not in a unique position there (and basic syntax is not the hard part of programming anyway), so there are many other programming languages to choose from when deciding what language to use.

just curious, why did you chose C++ as your first programming language?
    The first language you learn Is always the hardest, but after that learning another is much easier and faster.

I got interested in programming looking at the source of the mutators, and weapons in the unreal editor for Unreal tournament, I chose C++ because the power, and speed advantage for making games, plus c++ was used along side unrealscript in the UDK and I wanted to make stuff with the UDK, but my good computer at the time died so i didn't really get into it.

In 2011 I first started to code with c++, but stopped after a few months(couldn't use UDK lost interest), mid-late 2012 I was learning PHP but stopped, early-to mid 2013 I was learning JAVA but stopped, Learned php and javascript late 2013.

I started to learn c++ last week when my book finally came, I'm getting used to pointers and references, quite a lot of stuff I know already so I'm getting through the book pretty fast. Unreal engine 4 is all in c++, and you can make mods for grand theft auto V with c++.

I've been using around Unity Engine, which uses either JavaScript or C#. Closest I've been to use C#.
    I'm still in the learning phases (Like I said -> ~3 months programming). I think that the most difficult thing for me to understand so far is overloading operators (functions are ok, but with operators I fuck up every single time).

Btw SJ, If you're interested, go to cppinstitue.org and look for the CPA Courses. It's free, it teaches you good c++, you have a schedule and everything, and at the end of the program you have the choice to present the certification exam at Pearson.

That's where I've been learning C++.
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~D4RR3N~~ View Post
    overloading
    It's funny. I've come full circle with my feelings about overloading.

When I first started out, I really disliked the idea of overloading and inheritance. My first thought was, "This is pretty dumb because it over-complicates things and makes things harder to reason about."

Then when I really got my hands dirty with C++/Java/UnrealScript, I was like, "Okay this isn't that bad. I'll start using overloading everywhere now!"

But nowadays, I see the light. My first thought was correct. Overloading is dumb and makes things way more difficult than they need to be. Composition of finite state machines (FSM) is the way forward. It's incredibly easy to test and everything always works as expected - i.e., you always know that if you pass certain inputs into some component, you'll always get the same result, because it can't be overloaded and it doesn't inherit anything. You can then combine as many of these FSMs as necessary to build incredibly large and complex applications/games/whatever that just work more efficiently and predictably and with fewer bugs.
    Last edited by TimTim; 08-28-2015 at 12:56 AM.

Overloading functions is a pain in the ass and the usefulness I've found is less names to remember (Although if you things right, you shouldn't even have this problem).
    Overloading operators I think it should be the biggest bs but it's obligatory when (for example) adding objects of the same class etc.

Inheritance I actually like it, really useful. Like, if an IDE component doesn't support one of your needs or you need it to do something different you can always inherit a class and overload one of its functions. Which can come in handy.

Ofc, you guys know a lotmore than me, this is just the POV of a Programming newbie<3
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

but it's obligatory when (for example) adding objects of the same class etc.
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you give an example?

Inheritance I actually like it, really useful. Like, if an IDE component doesn't support one of your needs or you need it to do something different you can always inherit a class and overload one of its functions. Which can come in handy.
    Nah. Show me an example of this too and I'll show you a better way that doesn't use inheritance.
    Last edited by TimTim; 08-28-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you give an example?
    Fuck I wrote a snipet and all but internet fail didn't let me post it -.-

Code:
    #include <iostream>

class myClass {
    public:
        int v1, v2, v3;

myClass(){};
        myClass(int Val, int val, int vaL) { //<- 2lazy
            v1 = Val;
            v2 = val;
            v3 = vaL;
        }
        myClass operator+(myClass const &Other) {
        myClass result;
        result.v1 = this->v1 + Other.v1;
        result.v2 = this->v2 + Other.v2;
        result.v3 = this->v3 + Other.v3;
        return result;}

};

int main() {
        myClass ObjectOne(1, 2, 3);
        myClass ObjectTwo(3, 2, 1);
        myClass ObjectThree = ObjectOne + ObjectTwo;
        std::cout << ObjectThree.v1 << ObjectThree.v2 << ObjectThree.v3;

return 0;
    }
    As for the other example, If it wasn't because of inheritance, you would have to write properties again for subclasses...
    (Or I'm messing up with sub-class and inheritance concepts... please correct D
    All of us. Enjoy.

Thread Information