User Tag List

Game events and chat

Hey Folks!

In-game chat is a mess. Game events and chat messages are displayed in the same window in the HUD on |uK|'s servers, which of course means that it's next to impossible to read what people are writing at times.
    I'm pretty sure this question has been asked before (I couldn't find the right thread, unfortunately), but the reason why I'm bringing it up again is that if memory serves correct, the reason why they are not separated is that some people found the extra screen real estate taken was too distracting.
    Today I noticed that iPug promotions are now spammed to the |uK|Insta[US] server (in the middle of the screen(!!!)) every time someone promotes a pug in the IRC channel.
    I think it goes without saying that this is much more distracting than a little extra text in the top corner of the screen, and obviously, this change is inconsistent considering your former policy of keeping the server as distraction free as possible, so in light of this new policy, I'm curious if you would reconsider separating the events and messages.

It would be nice to have a setting, client side that disables it from being displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    this is much more distracting than a little extra text in the top corner of the screen, and obviously, this change is inconsistent considering your former policy of keeping the server as distraction free as possible
    Yeah I haven't been in the servers since @SAM or whoever put this on there but I remember the alerts and they're extremely annoying. I moved the teambalancer's alerts to the chat area rather than the middle for this same reason, but that was easy since the teambalancer already included an option for that. @Severed can you add an option to adminalert that does the same? Should only take like 2 seconds to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    can you add an option to adminalert that does the same? Should only take like 2 seconds to implement.
    More likely, @~V~ as the original creator.

Other thing:
    Using xconsole with the chat only option is easy, will work on all servers because it's on your client. I doubt we'll be expecting anything about nexgen upgrades/modification because Spongeb0b has left the building.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Using xconsole with the chat only option is easy, will work on all servers because it's on your client.
    I reinstalled XConsole after wiping my drive to install Windows10, but the last official release doesn't have the chat options.
    I had a beta version of it that did, but wasn't able to track it down again. Do you know what version it is or where I can find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    I doubt we'll be expecting anything about nexgen upgrades/modification because Spongeb0b has left the building.
    AFAIK, Sp0ngebob didn't develop nexgen, however, he made a bunch of plugins for it. He did, however, do some development on smartCTF (That's why his name is on the bottom of the scoreboard ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    Do you know what version it is or where I can find it?
    ~V~ and I were privately releasing the latest beta version (this version because I only shared it to a few peoples with V permissions..). I'm trying to find out when I should post it but I gotta document it with some information.. meanwhile I'll send you the latest version in IRC.

Lol Typo in the nick, I couldn't remember, but he was one of the guy that mostly worked on Nexgen than anyone else I'm aware of.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 09-07-2015 at 05:42 PM.

May be here Index of ./

Quote Originally Posted by medor View Post
    May be here Index of ./
    I never released this private beta file to the public.

Thread Information