Various players abusing McSwartlzy roof glitch

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Various players abusing McSwartlzy roof glitch

Since fleece has handed bans out for this in the past, I thought it appropriate to post these demos. Choice offenders include pocho, expand3r, and fhjef, who continued to attack despite repeated warnings.

CTF-McSwartzly][-2015-09-30-20-13-39.demCTF-McSwartzly][-2015-09-30-20-15-54.dem

I will try fix the map for this end

Keep the nuke tele but lose the gap if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    McSwartlzy roof glitch
    What kind of glitch you speak of? Building anything but tele through glass?

Note: We have like 3 kinds of McSwartzly maps... & more on google.
    CTF-McSwartzly][
    CTF-McSwartzly2004]I[x
    CTF-McSwartzly2004]II[x
    But a fixed map is already sent for siege version...

Other link about the complaint: http://www.unrealkillers.com/f43/ban...cardenas-6603/
    Last edited by Chamberly; 10-01-2015 at 12:37 AM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Both Demo's crash my UT when I try and play them.

That glitch is not allowed and players will be banned if it is proven they have done it. Xpand3r is pushing his luck, he has been banned several times in only a few weeks, I think he needs a longer vacation.

Whoever is in charge of mapping/fixing maps needs to learn that all glass/windows should be made with static mover brushes, not add/subtract brushes which are dropped a tiny fraction in size compared to the hole leaving a gap.

Let me show you how it's not a glitch and the original mapper intended to left it as:

https://i.gyazo.com/7f5ec839b133a466...d3ea2a2dc3.jpg

There is a gap.

https://i.gyazo.com/0e93f20f8582fb39...2249715ebd.jpg

It would be an error IF that builded brush was evenly aligned to have no gap. Smh...

Yes, there is a gap, but there is a sky box above that brush and it is transparent from above, the gap exists because the Transparent ceiling has been raised so it does not touch the beams that are across the roof, the creator of this map didn't take in to consideration that it could be abused the way it has been.

Another example is the core wall in Clarion, the wall thickness was not made so that a tele could be made through it, yet it is possible, therefore a glitch.

The definition of a glitch is using it to gain a huge advantage over the enemy when the mapmaker did not intend the map to be used that way, more and more hotspots in maps are being found often by players who study the map in ued to find possible glitch locations, I have watched a lot of people find them. Icepost is one example I saw camilo do, he made a tele through the wall from behind the core, I went to check if the same thing could be done on the enemy core wall and I got through as well so the glitch affects both sides, This is still considered glitch abuse and camilo only did it that once, now I know it can be done on both bases means I can watch for people doing it in the future.

The only time it will be overlooked is if it was to gain access to a secluded area for nuke building, any other time it will be classed as glitch abuse if it gives a significant advantage by the means of exploiting a map fault/design
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-01-2015 at 11:25 AM.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};99630]the creator of this map didn't take in to consideration that it could be abused the way it has been.
    I don't know how long ago when the map was made but if he knew about siege, it would've probably been adjusted sooner? Not all map was made just for siege.

Other thing is... completely off topic.

No map creator builds a map for it to be abused, irrelevant if the builder knew about siege or any other game type.

what is off topic?

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} View Post
    Yes, there is a gap, but there is a sky box above that brush and it is transparent from above, the gap exists because the Transparent ceiling has been raised so it does not touch the beams that are across the roof, the creator of this map didn't take in to consideration that it could be abused the way it has been.

Another example is the core wall in Clarion, the wall thickness was not made so that a tele could be made through it, yet it is possible, therefore a glitch.

The definition of a glitch is using it to gain a huge advantage over the enemy when the mapmaker did not intend the map to be used that way, more and more hotspots in maps are being found often by players who study the map in ued to find possible glitch locations, I have watched a lot of people find them. Icepost is one example I saw camilo do, he made a tele through the wall from behind the core, I went to check if the same thing could be done on the enemy core wall and I got through as well so the glitch affects both sides, This is still considered glitch abuse and camilo only did it that once, now I know it can be done on both bases means I can watch for people doing it in the future.

The only time it will be overlooked is if it was to gain access to a secluded area for nuke building, any other time it will be classed as glitch abuse if it gives a significant advantage by the means of exploiting a map fault/design
    Look here, these glitch rules are not being enforced evenly and there seems to be no standard. I posted a complaint about making a tele through the wall in the Clarion maps and was told it is legal and to use a SP to kill it. Then I add a comment and post the demo of Expander shooting through the glass about a week ago in McSwartzy and Chamberly said it is allowed so like 30 min ago I run with that and get a 50 game ban. If you mods and admins cannot even get on board with what is allowed and what is not and get those things in the rules how in the Hell are the players supposed to figure it out? 49 games to go...48...47...

Thread Information