Various players abusing McSwartlzy roof glitch - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I told fleece to tell me which map that have the shoot through and told her I'll fix em.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Add a mover outline so that no projectiles can pass... but you can still make a tele thru (since they can spawn inside movers).
    Make said outline using 4 invisible long cubic brushes with the exact amount of size to cover the gap, whether the outline extrudes into the lower zone, or the higher zone doesn't matter. (prefferable into the higher zone).
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I think there's a larger discussion to be had here. Why is this considered abuse. There are maps such as orbital, civil war etc where you can build through walls and it is allowed??

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I think there's a larger discussion to be had here. Why is this considered abuse. There are maps such as orbital, civil war etc where you can build through walls and it is allowed??
    Because I asked you if shooting through glass with any weapon is allowed and you told me no.

A pm from 2012 when i asked.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM
    It's not allowed through Walls but it will be fixed when sw get off his bum
    not blaming this on sw, but it never got fixed, therefor shooting through window isnt allowed.

Normally you were suppose to only make tele through wall and nothing else as far as I heard.
    Last edited by |uK|fleecey; 10-08-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Ok. I'm not disagreeing with anything here, just starting a discussion that's all.

If both bases have the same advantage / disadvantage then is this something that needs to result in bans? It does make the map more tactical whilst also creating more areas to defend or monitor? Wouldn't this actually make the game more tactically diverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    I told fleece to tell me which map that have the shoot through and told her I'll fix em.
    I posted a demo in the bans section when I reported Expander, you should be able to get the name / version from that. It would be great to either fix the gap or remove the glass all together.

R,
    1S1K

--- Updated ---

Ok. I'm not disagreeing with anything here, just starting a discussion that's all.

If both bases have the same advantage / disadvantage then is this something that needs to result in bans? It does make the map more tactical whilst also creating more areas to defend or monitor? Wouldn't this actually make the game more tactically diverse?
    It does add another dimension to the game for this map if allowed. And I don't care either way, I just want a concensus on this.
    Last edited by 1Shot1Kill; 10-08-2015 at 12:45 PM.

i kinda like sams idea.
    as you all know that map is kinda hard to end or even reach (when teams are even obviously) so this can indeed be seen as another tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    I posted a demo in the bans section when I reported Expander, you should be able to get the name / version from that. It would be great to either fix the gap or remove the glass all together.
    I'm talking about other map not just this one! :P

Imo if the map is equally the same I don't think I'd ban on that, because there is only a few that doesn't let such build through evenly like teleporter on both side (forgot which clarion). It can create nice advantage/disadvantage point, more or less as the game bring to you dealing with...

But it can be possible to check around if it's even, and posting result to find any difference of a map.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

More input on this from others please. If I saw this happen. I wouldn't think omg map abuse (it exists on both bases). I'd think we'll done, that was some brilliant play to capture the top. But that's just me....

chamberly should know full well that shooting through glass is not allowed, myself and fleece have posted numerous times that it is bannable.

How are the players meant to figure it out? simple, don't do things that are not physically possible....how is that tough to understand? If others here used a bot would you use one as well? saying "He did it so I thought it was ok" is doing exactly that, don't do it regardless of who else is doing it, building tele through a wall is only acceptable if it is to a nuke room or area that will give no significant advantage, using a glitch to end a game is ridiculous, there is no skill in that, a admin might as well just come in and stop the game using nexgen. Don't abuse glitches, utilize them with a respectable sense of sportsmanship. Some maps last a long time but ending it with a glitch has wasted all that time the players have spend building up the bases.

I am a strict moderator but very fair and will always give a warning first and then a ban if it is done again, usually a warning is sufficient but admins can't see what goes on most of the time as some glitches like clarion or over in less than a minute if tele is built through the wall. all that can be done then is a warning, banning makes it seem pointless at that stage.

I know a lot of personalities here are "Dilligaf" or "NOGAF", but I like sportsmanship and despise those who jump in, fuck up a game to end it, then kiss their own ass thinking they are "Awesome" then they leave. That type of person pisses me off like the are trolling the server.

More input on this from others please. If I saw this happen. I wouldn't think omg map abuse (it exists on both bases). I'd think we'll done, that was some brilliant play to capture the top. But that's just me....
    invis+trans then tele..... I don't see any skill in that, build a few conts then tele gives you time to get through if there are SP's. its not skill, where in that is the objective of assaulting the core? I hate it if people on the same team as me do it as well, kinda deflates the enjoyment of the game like a cheap shot win.

Maps shouldn't be abused by glitch exploits. I even hate how people are abusing the shit out of the sniper and crouch bug, blatantly abusing it. But like I have already pointed out, I like sportsmanship and using exploits is not that.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-09-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Thread Information