Various players abusing McSwartlzy roof glitch - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    well as soon as you or any team mate know when someone got up there its up to YOU to react fast and make a trans to kill the guy up there and that my friend is skill, fast reacting a a good aim is what makes you a good sieger along with other things.

I know this is a glitch and indeed by this point its now something bannable, back when i first started playing siege that was common, it was allowed, was a good way to end mcs. And to be honest, I really dont see why this is a no skill tactic, sure invis+trans? Thats not something to be 100% reliable, at least not in mcs, its way too damn hard to get there with all the mines around in a full server aswell, not to mention the high probabilities of it being taken by the team already. Again, I say this is not an easy thing to do as people are pointing out, however its a glitch therefore its not allowed to shoot through there

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Its always been the case where glitches arent allowed to be used as an advantage nothing has changed in that regard. Lets face it if someone took your room above core in mcswartzly for example and kept shooting your core through the glass and you could do nothing but watch them rape your core then you would be pissed. This is considered glitch abuse as the opposing team can do nothing to take back their top or stop you from doing damage. Teles through walls has always been allowed. Anything else made through a wall to distract say a super pro is not allowed.

Anyone found abusing glitches will be dealt with severely.

how about we close the edges and leave a small opening in a corner so a jetpacker or piston jump trans etc can make it up there? and in this case i would suggest the corner of the core so you can still damage the core while its not too hard to get up there with a bit sense.
    just mu thoughts.

Lol its always been like that? I dont think that was the case around 5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Krikor View Post
    Lol its always been like that? I dont think that was the case around 5 years ago
    have to agree with krikor here.
    think we started banning players or debugging maps when higor joined or so.

So many glitches/abuses/koalitas back then, glad these have been ironed out with time.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

and there is a serious lack of communication tho
    i have no idea whether burning 2012 has been updated or not.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    Its always been the case where glitches arent allowed to be used as an advantage nothing has changed in that regard. Lets face it if someone took your room above core in mcswartzly for example and kept shooting your core through the glass and you could do nothing but watch them rape your core then you would be pissed. This is considered glitch abuse as the opposing team can do nothing to take back their top or stop you from doing damage. Teles through walls has always been allowed. Anything else made through a wall to distract say a super pro is not allowed.

Anyone found abusing glitches will be dealt with severely.
    Again more subjective opinion making policy. Teles are OK to exploit glitches but you can't shoot between a wall and glass? Maybe the problem can be fixed by allowing players to do anything that is possible as long as it is possible for both teams. That way, no opinion, no confussion, and no issue. The ultimate fix is to correct the map...that is to say, build the map as you believe it should have been built.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    how about we close the edges and leave a small opening in a corner so a jetpacker or piston jump trans etc can make it up there? and in this case i would suggest the corner of the core so you can still damage the core while its not too hard to get up there with a bit sense.
    just mu thoughts.
    I like the idea of making an elevator in that small closet, or even just an opening so players can boost up .

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    I like the idea of making an elevator in that small closet, or even just an opening so players can boost up .
    and with this sulution we can make everyone happy
    no bugs being exploit
    and still being able to hit the core from above.

Thread Information