RC block

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RC block

RC block

I think I have mentioned this before but got ignored so lets see if it gets overlooked again.

Can a block be introduced to RC's, bio and mortar bombs to only be available once SS and SHP has been built by both teams.

Maps getting decimated before they really get going is absolutely pointless just because someone is obsessed with looking the "best" by killing the core at the start of the match asap, 1 person ruins the game for all the others playing and also wrecks a map that cannot be voted for again right away.

I get the point is to kill the core, but come on..... how the hell is spawning RC's skill before the match has even got started? Players that do this make me want to banslap them.

Siege

noun
    the act or process of surrounding and attacking a fortified place in such a way as to isolate it from help and supplies, for the purpose of lessening the resistance of the defenders and thereby making capture possible.
    any prolonged or persistent effort to overcome resistance.

key word in the definition "FORTIFIED", not completely open with next to no defence. If I have open access to attack the core I always stop hitting it if my RU is maxed out then leave the core alone. Pisses me off when others can't do the same and get obsessed with "glory"

So either a restriction within the code or be allowed to kick them out for a few matches classed as a minor offence.

I agree on this, when I used to play regularly on PUBLIC SERVER sometimes games would end WAYYYYYY to fast because of people doing precisely this. Although I think instead of restricting them to be built AFTER SS AND SH, how about after 1 or the other?

If the game has gotten to the point where a ss or sh is made, that's when we should be able to make rcs,bios,morters,etc. It would stop rushers and urge the importance of making ss,sh before going full on Rambo mode.

Should we make the core invulnerable the first 10 minutes, because lets be honest, don't you hate it when the enemy gets to hit your core without having 20 mines and 5 super protectors on it? Like fluke said by DEFINITION siege is attacking a FORTIFIED BASE, not one that's completely open with no defenses. It's easy to nitpick isn't it .

Leave the tactics open to the public, hell even if you wanted a warhead before a super supplier it should be your choice, just because the l33t players fortify their base before they build warheads, doesn't mean us filthy casuals should be forced into their habits?!?

Quote Originally Posted by audiosonic View Post
    doesn't mean us filthy casuals should be forced into their habits?!?
    X-Player's nuke has been taken down by Scourge!
    Higor is raging at his useless teammate for wasting 1300 RU before the door has a Super Container

--- Updated ---

[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};100709]Can a block be introduced to RC's, bio and mortar bombs to only be available once SS and SHP has been built by both teams.
    Hah, things are unexpetedly going this direction.
    The solution has been there for ages, it's called CacusTech, sure it's outdated but this profile limits builds to techtrees based on what you build.

Some changes I'll be adding to 0020's SiegePub (my version):
    - Hyper Leecher: 275 RU, requires Level 5 Core, 1s build
    - Ape Cannon: 800 RU
    - Dampener: 100 RU
    - Explosive classes: add "requires visible builder flag" to prevent through wall building.
    - EMP Bomb: 100s cooldown, overtime only, 2000 RU
    - Neutron Bomb: 100s cooldown, overtime only, 10000 RU
    - MiniShield (0020 version): limit to 4
    - Antigravity Gear (described on a different post)
    - Container: requires Supplier
    - Health Pod: requires Supplier
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

10thousend for neutron

does it even make sense making it and losing 8000ru?

Honestly Fluke, you may as well just say you want people to tank the game until you catch up, that's how your phrasing is coming off.

Sure, a treaty period would be great for some, but actively penalizing people for being good is a bit shitty.
    I know its the way things go around here, but the subject opinion of a few should not dictate how things work.

My way of handling this, for 0020:

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Hyper Leecher build modifications:
    - Cost: 275 RU
    - Build time: 1 second
    - Changed damage reduction from 66% to 75%
    ** Effective HP changes from 600 to 800
    ** Effective container heal changes from 3x to 4x
    "Hyper Leecher binds are your way to show disapproval of explosive spammers"
    I'm definetely having one of these binds for quick field cleanup and nuke support, let alone defense in butchered games.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by evilserpentman View Post
    Honestly Fluke, you may as well just say you want people to tank the game until you catch up, that's how your phrasing is coming off.

Sure, a treaty period would be great for some, but actively penalizing people for being good is a bit shitty.
    I know its the way things go around here, but the subject opinion of a few should not dictate how things work.
    You seem to have misunderstood my "phrasing".

It does not take skill to spawn RC's, being "Good" as you put it plays no part in it like in Clarion for example, just like it doesn't take skill to spam a supplier yet this is on the same level as far as the game being disrupted, please explain how any player would be penalized for skill when the subject is Rocket Cannons? (Skill needed is to click mouse button once and stand still, then repeat). l33t players are the ones that do this most of the time to assfuck a game and normally to make it worse, they leave the server right after.

Hit the core with weapons to your hearts content which in turn gives the opposing team the chance to defend themselves, spawning RC's will decimate a low level core in seconds with little chance to stop it, Tie this in with the game only active for about 10 minutes, then you have a map that has been wasted and has no point to it.

I show sportsmanship and like a good game which I emphasize in the first post, this appears to be lost in this game with a lot of people here, it is not dictating how anyone else should play, I am asking purely to improve the game for EVERYONE at the start, how is this a bad thing?

This for me is just like Spamming the supplier, you can't get weapons to retaliate and you are powerless to stop it unless someone intervenes and removes the sup spammer. How about the rules get changed to see sup spam as a "Tactic", does that sound fair? after all, it serves the purpose of killing the enemy so they can't defend the core and I would hate to infringe on their rights to play any way they wish.

Why is waiting 10 or so minutes for RC ability such a problem? it serves to improve the game for everyone involved.

Ever watched a youtube video that is ten minutes long thinking it was going to be good only for it to be crap? then think after "That's 10 minutes of my life I will never get back". This is the same.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-25-2015 at 11:37 AM.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF};100754](Skill needed is to click mouse button once and stand still, then repeat).
    Skilled players use binds instead.

This change would massively improve the game... If you really like Siege to be biased even further toward fragging ability, and by fragging ability I mean sniping ability.

Labeling explosives as the problem is myopic. One has to ask why a person is able to reach the core and spam explosives enough to cause significant damage in the first place. Nine times out of ten, it's because the teams are stacked, and when it isn't, it's because the losing team's defense and/or tactics are poor.

There's a reason players like Skarn can beat me easily just by placing an early super protector near their core, and players like Finfet - despite being a far superior sniper - can lose to me on a map like BlackRiver since he doesn't take steps to secure his base.

Thread Information