RC block - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RC block

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    This change would massively improve the game... If you really like Siege to be biased even further toward fragging ability, and by fragging ability I mean sniping ability.

Labeling explosives as the problem is myopic. One has to ask why a person is able to reach the core and spam explosives enough to cause significant damage in the first place. Nine times out of ten, it's because the teams are stacked, and when it isn't, it's because the losing team's defense and/or tactics are poor.

There's a reason players like Skarn can beat me easily just by placing an early super protector near their core, and players like Finfet - despite being a far superior sniper - can lose to me on a map like BlackRiver since he doesn't take steps to secure his base.
    In some cases even when its secured, the people on public are too blind to even see someone reaching their core. Keeping an eye out all the time can be tiring, but it pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by NECRIS View Post
    In some cases even when its secured, the people on public are too blind to even see someone reaching their core. Keeping an eye out all the time can be tiring, but it pays off.
    have you also mentioned that noobs Always get the the core without getting seen?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    have you also mentioned that noobs Always get the the core without getting seen?
    Isn't that what I just said?

I thought it was just included?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Said noobs can rarely do significant damage to the core with just one protector in place. If your opponent can afford a rocket cannon, you can probably afford an SP.

A certain australian player always manages to get to my core, he alone forces me to stay guarding the goddamn area and it gets on my nerves.
    So yes, noobs or not certain ppl will always manage to damage your core if you don't have eyes on your back.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

yeah you did. just pointing out that ONLY noobs reach our core you won't see danger blaze fleece etc walking to the core without getting seen. its as if we have a tracker on our back
    Last edited by |uK|kenneth; 10-27-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post

Labeling explosives as the problem is myopic. One has to ask why a person is able to reach the core and spam explosives enough to cause significant damage in the first place. Nine times out of ten, it's because the teams are stacked, and when it isn't, it's because the losing team's defense and/or tactics are poor..
    I am labelling explosives as "A" problem, not "The" problem, there are more than I can count when it comes to player etiquette and play styles. Sportsmanship has gone and been replaced with troll like actions with an incessant need to win at all cost while not giving a damn about anyone else, Any of these players would end the game in a heartbeat even if the match has only just started, just to be the one to kill the core while maintaining "That is what you are meant to do".

There is nothing in the game that can do as much damage as an RC at close range to the core, especially a low level core, The example map I already gave where it happens often is Clarion. It doesn't necessarily mean teams are stacked or most on one team are not seasoned players, all it takes is for 3/4+ of the team to leave the base to attack at once, this gives plenty of time for someone to get in and spawn RC's on the core, You cannot get in to stop them or destroy the cannons because you get killed instantly when you walk in the door. It is irrelevant saying "they should have learnt how to defend/attack/build better" as a comeback for one player wrecking a game with absolutely no gain apart from self glory, it is not a valid response in the realistic sense.

Here is an example to show you how I see the above response....

Man and child are walking down the road and you feel hot, the kid is carrying an ice cream. Do you snatch the kids ice cream and then say "The Dad and kid should have protected it better"? just because you CAN do something does not mean you SHOULD do it.
    Those who find this funny and want to troll comment are the exact types that I reference who mangle the game etiquette and the most likely to get knocked out by the Dad, sadly that is most of the player base who stand out within siege.

The point is it happens a lot and putting a block on them will stop it dead in its tracks, there is absolutely nothing positive about doing this to a match, no reason can justify how RC'ing a core before a match even gets under way properly is a good thing to the point it has to even be debated!

The only person who will have their "Rights" snipped is those willing to destroy the game for a few seconds of self loving glory.

I don't think I have seen one match that wasn't stacked or that didn't have spawn laming where this actually applies. Maybe you could post a demo?

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    if only I have demos from the old days to show scourge how good siege used to be and how many retards and how dogshit it is now (not blaming anyone for the second part)

Thread Information