RC block - Page 5

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RC block

I haven't played at all this past month or so but from what I recall pub games usually got past the 10 min mark and once there is a super protector up offense slowed down considerably. If it's gotten worse then the balancer really needs a re-work lol.

Back to what I was saying with siege's predictable gameplay, in a nutshell it goes 1. get super pro 2. get super sup/super health 3. nuke until you win (this isn't as bad in pugs, but it's still pretty close). Every pub game I've played these past few years seems to go down that way unless it's stacked as fuck. Once you figure out siege's bag of tricks it gets repetitive. Teles are the only thing that excite me because they involve the entire team and can be good at anytime, however there usefulness depends on the map and some luck. I think the RCs argument illustrates that some people have figured out what works and when it's most effective, that's all. That doesn't mean they're incredibly good, just more perceptive and willing to learn than the usual pub crowd. I understand wanting an even playing field at all stages of the game, but until innovation is a thing again it probably won't happen. Everyone knows I'm biased towards fragging over tactics, but that's because there's nothing impressive about trans nuking, spamming mines, or using RCs, tactics that have all been done to death.

I like to talk about gameplay issues so keep em comin, no feeling hurt over here, I retired a champ and everyone can suck my nuts. Jk love u all. Sorry for tangent.
    Last edited by |uK|Rays; 10-29-2015 at 06:00 PM.

I got to play against one of the most defensive lineups ever in a Niven game, 7D-1O and the way to get past them was to constantly nuke the Super Protectors and force them to spend craptons of RU to rebuild.
    They spent 100 minutes without a gate Super Container until their base fell, sure, I had to use 50 nukes and got a lot of RU assistance but thanks to that we kept their team trapped and controlled like rabid animals in a cage.

Sometimes, some ppl just doesn't want to have fun, and you stop them from achieving their evil plans by causing constant economic losses.
    That way you level the playground in a way they're forced to go out and defend themselves.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

TL;DR HEHEHE

No offense Higor, but not everyone enjoys doing the same thing for hours straight, definitely not on a map like niven.

Most games get past 10 minutes afaik. Not to mention that early RCs has its cons when destroyed before doing the damage.

Games dont get past 10 minutes if there are small teams (~10 or lower), or when teams are stacked to death from the start.

Bringing back the motion alarm removes the `sneaky` part of siege if you ask me..

Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post

- more mods need to keep an eye on all games
    Lol

Thread Information